Night Moose Title Application - REJECTED!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
THANK GOD my scout was a diesel, other wise i'd have to swap vin tags to match! LOL i'll throw in that 6.9 and no one will know weither it's factor or not! ;Sweet

good luck dodging the emission ****'s! they don't like change, or REAL vehicles, they're more for the tree hugging flower farting prius'.....:puke::puke::puke::backoff

-Jon

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That stinks big time. I am so glad my state doesn't have any of that happy horse hockey.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Mel
the enhanced inspection has been law for a little over a year give or take.
all stations and mechanics had got the bulletin.
I was even gonna do it, but the laibility was way to high compared to the old way of doing it.
there still are only like 10 or so in westmoreland county.
and the station sets the fee for what the charge. not the state.
one a positive note, if the station is online and has a notary, you can leave the same day with a title and registration provided you have the insurance etc.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Mel
the enhanced inspection has been law for a little over a year give or take.
all stations and mechanics had got the bulletin.
I was even gonna do it, but the laibility was way to high compared to the old way of doing it.
there still are only like 10 or so in westmoreland county.
and the station sets the fee for what the charge. not the state.
one a positive note, if the station is online and has a notary, you can leave the same day with a title and registration provided you have the insurance etc.
Well that is good news, I'm just waiting for the day my truck turns 35! no more inspections!;Sweet

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
we never got this bulliten at work :shrug: good thing i dont have to worry about emmisions testing here. can u get it instpected in a different county that doesnt have emmisions testing?

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Next time, just have it titled as a running vehicle with the gasser in it and go from there. At least you could have had it titled for the next year.

SWS

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the good news is, I found an Enzyte taking mechanic, closer than my regular shop, and he also is an aquaintance of mine. He's got a heavy truck repair shop and is an upstanding guy, so I know he won't bend the rules for me, but he will treat us right. Now I just got to get the truck over to him at 7:00am next Wednesday. I'll check with him on the notary deal. If that is the case, Matthias might be late to school that day.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Damn the luck Mel..I can see the future generations that challenge those laws.....

" Your Honor, may I refer you to Agnem vs PA DMV 2005 and 2009"

.....case dismissed :D

Moosetradoomas, re-writing vehicle registration for all ;Sweet

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
im glad were i live we dont have inspection or nothing here, but i guess thats just the difference between all the states

In2Fords

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to hear its back on its way to getting legal :)
In Hawaii we dont have emmisions testing but we have recon. If you change anything from stock you need recon, tire/rim size, vehicle height, "clear"/custom lights, anything. I once got a ticket for not haveing recon on a stock 88 saleen!! even the prosecuter showed the judge pictures of a 4cyl mustang when I told him it came from the dealer like that!! I had also gotten a ticket for "rear veiw obstructed" for driving a stock STI cause the spoiler "blocked" the back window, I bought it less then 10 minutes ago and the cop busted me pulling out of the dealership!!! I pray to god theres isnt anything weird in Oregon, so far seems pretty straight forward here.

Good luck, Jeremy

Todd C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel:
Sorry to hear that they changed the law. Glad to hear you found someone close by that can do it for you. I had heard from my inspection mechanic a few years ago when I was working on getting my reconstructed title that they were considering a law like that, that would require me to take my truck to Harrisburg (100 miles) to get inspected. Fortunately, it wasn't a law yet. I really prefer working with an inspection mechanic that I know, and knows me, not to mention the towing the truck (unlicensed) to and from inspection.
Sounds like it will all work out for you now.
Todd

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
in georgia we have the don't ask don't tell.

so they think my truck is grey. I'm ok with that. I pay the $18 a year registration via mail... no such thing as emissions testing.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fortunately we don't have any of that ****** crap here either. We have never had a state inspection since I've lived here. Having grown up in a northnern state though I feel your pain. In taxachusetts we had to have a special permit just to use the bathroom! Alright it was almost that bad....I wouldn't ever go back there. :puke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online