NEW TRUCK

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting a 94 turbo IDI in immaculate shape inside and outside. The exhaust has already been opened up to 4 inch from what I was told and probably the intake as well. The owner of a 97 psd said it's as snappy as his or even just a bit snappier. My question is IF it's been opened up in the intake exhaust and it's a turbo what kind of horse power and torque am I running and what else can I do to torque it up even more? Will post pics when I pick it up and get it home.... and figure out HOW to post pics on here LOL I am quite old school and this new computer stuff has me tearing my hair out!!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Welcome to OB and good luck with your truck. I would say you are at 165-180 rwhp if everything there is in good mechanical condition. You can probably massage your way close to 200hp. Anything after that will require a financial commitment that most would agree to be not worth the money. I know my truck won't win many races but am very pleased with its power and ability to be a work horse.

I would drive it and do some research on here to take care of the basics. Do the fluids front to back, check the GP system, make sure return lines are not leaky, You may find out that you are happy with the power and the way these old engines deliver it.;Sweet

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was happy with my 93 IDI non turbo I researched what this truck is supposed to have and it was 185 hp and 388 torque from the factory thats why I was wondering what I would get now with the intake and exhaust opened up. I'm sure I will be tickled pink W/ the truck Just wondering I hate not knowing!!!

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was happy with my 93 IDI non turbo I researched what this truck is supposed to have and it was 185 hp and 388 torque from the factory thats why I was wondering what I would get now with the intake and exhaust opened up. I'm sure I will be tickled pink W/ the truck Just wondering I hate not knowing!!!

You definitely make more power at the crank than a stock one if the downpipe and intake have been opened up. And if you were pleased with your n/a, you will like the power the turbo makes. ;Sweet

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be adding 3 gauges though a Pyro, trans temp and a turbo boost. Will I have any problems there or is it pretty straight forward?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Nope.

I am on 5. Only spend time on here and FTE. there is not enough traffic over on the .org to spend a lot of time there. i learned of this site from reading through the archives overthere.;Sweet

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still havent gotten an answer to my original question but............... Its gotta be close to 400 torque and 200 hp or so...........

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
They usually advertise a 50% gain so 185x1.5=277.5. I would go out on a limb and say yes, you should be able to out perform a stock 7.3 psd with the right work done. These numbers are crankshaft, also probably close to the 200rwhp that I mentioned earlier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online