NEW TRUCK

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Remember, you are talking crankshaft numbers here. Deduct for driveline losses and I would say Heath has proved these numbers on a dyno.

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, It looks like with everything I have read if I have the stock turbo IDI with the intake and exhaust opened up I am running about 195 - 200 HP and 400- to 410 torque Yes?

wmoguy

Reaction score
Thanks guys, It looks like with everything I have read if I have the stock turbo IDI with the intake and exhaust opened up I am running about 195 - 200 HP and 400- to 410 torque Yes?

at the block, yep those HP #s sound about right.

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good enough for me I am not a speed demon anyway. Hurts to much when you stop suddenly...... in a ditch or head on with another rig. Besides I am almost always hauling at least one of my kids with me precious cargo.

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my trucks are work trucks anyway. My biggest concern is torque enough to haul HEAVY loads without straining the motor. I like to have em nice inside and out to whenever possible but after all is said and done I have to haul trailers, boats, concrete forms occasionally,hay ,and the like torque does it for me!!

wmoguy

Reaction score
my trucks are work trucks anyway. My biggest concern is torque enough to haul HEAVY loads without straining the motor. I like to have em nice inside and out to whenever possible but after all is said and done I have to haul trailers, boats, concrete forms occasionally,hay ,and the like torque does it for me!!

yep its all about the torque all the time :) These don't make huge torque #s but if you bomb them they can do pretty well. Nice thing I've noticed on mine is the band is really flat through it's range.

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with the turbo it should be just fine. With my 88 f250 idi I hauled more concrete form trailers than I care to remember 8000 lbs to 10,000 lbs all the time. I just couldn't go anywhere quick. I think I will love the truck when I get it. Hopefully next week.

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone have time to tell me how I can post pics from my phone to the site?????

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
If you can upload to photonucket it is easiest. then go to advanced and click the lil mountian type thing and delete the http crap and post away buddy cant wait for pics

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online