New to the forum...

f350goatee

Reaction score
Been lurking for a while and just thought I'd introduce! I'm in the high desert(Victorville, Ca) area, have a recently purchased 93 f350 cc turbo idi, bone stock besides the cut-off muffler(if you want to call that an upgrade)had the fuel filter, return lines,o-rings,alignment,coolant and hoses replaced along with an oil change(about 1700 bucks at a local shop here, I know i got ripped, but that was before I knew about this and other forums!)The truck has 127000 mi. on it and runs pretty good for all I know. Just advanced the timing (white smoke at idle) didn't stop the smoke( air in system?)but she seems to run better!I have a pyrometer and the temps are about 6-700 when running about 2300rpm at about 70mph which is a little higher than I used to see before advancing the timing.So anyway...Hello fellow idi'rs!Hope to learn a lot from all of you!!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! ;Sweet Be sure to read up on as many of the FAQ's and tech articles as you can. Lots of learning to be had there. Nice to have you on board.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Welcome !
You may want to try advancing the timing a bit more and maybe cutting the fuel back a hair. It's been a few years ( OK about 15 ) since I've been there, but I think you're at over 5000 feet and can start climbing fast in any number of directions from where you are, and air can get thin pretty quick.

-------Robert

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
air in the fuel would make starting difficult. and then when she finally fired up you would get a huge cloud of white smoke. if its constant smoke, i dont think its an air leak.

f350goatee

Reaction score
Well, she starts fine! The only time I really see the smoke is at first start up and at a red light. I can,t tell if there's smoke when I'm driving cause I cut my muffler off and now it exits under the bed ;Sweet
However I do have a new problem, sometimes my e-brake light comes on and I can hear a vacuum leak by the pedal and also my cruise doesn't work, never has. I'm thinking vacuum pump? Any ideas:dunno

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
if you hear a vaccum leak, thats why your cruise doesnt work. however, hearing vaccum means you have vaccum. look for a leak and you should be fine. also if your happy with the truck and she starts great and runs great, get used to the white smoke i wouldnt change a damn thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online