New to powerstroke world, and a lot of issues.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do if you have a moment. And what I learned over the years, just because something isn't the MAIN problem, doesn't mean it's not contributing to the problem.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Also, I noticed if I hold my foot on the brake and start the truck, once it starts up and is running, it quickly fades to the floor board. If that helps point it to something in particular. I'm going to shoot for the master on both the clutch and brake and see what happens from there.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe i'll actually like this truck when it stops like it should, and shifts like it should hahaha. I need to order up a cam sensor too, threw a code last night after starting funny. seems easy enough to get to.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the brake pedal is firm but little brakes I'd check the vacuum pump - how many miles on the truck? Mine went out around 170k

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brake pedal is not firm, if going 45mph to a stop...it starts as if it's gonna be firm for a split second or two then fades to the floor. quickly.

290,000 miles, master looks factory imo.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done anything to it yet, waiting on some cash then going to order my list all at once and give it hell. Grand total so far is about 291 for everything plus fluids :)

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
brake pedal is not firm, if going 45mph to a stop...it starts as if it's gonna be firm for a split second or two then fades to the floor. quickly.

I had a van that had that same exact symptom. It was the master bypassing. Replaced the master and all was good. However, my rear brakes were adjusted properly. Make sure yours are, as that can have a similar feeling, as the rear cylinders have to fill with more fluid to work. This seems more to be the trucks stops somewhat ok, but when you are sitting still with your foot on the brake, it continues to sink to the floor. Yours reads like mine did, put you foot on the brake pedal, bam floor, very little braking....... in a scary fast way, like "I am gonna hit something" kinda way........

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to have good results on replacing both masters. Brakes and shifting are key to driving lol would love to see how i like driving this thing.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I'm hoping to have good results on replacing both masters. Brakes and shifting are key to driving lol would love to see how i like driving this thing.

Just remember to bench bleed. My master took forever and a day to get all the air bubbles out, but once I installed it, I didn't have a single problem with bleeding the system or everything working properly.

The clutch is it's own animal. I don't particularly like doing clutch systems, but it's rather easy once you get the hang of it and know what to do.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hate bench bleeding, id rather have my kid sitting in the drivers seat and have him operate the pedal when i bleed the master.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
i hate bench bleeding, id rather have my kid sitting in the drivers seat and have him operate the pedal when i bleed the master.

That's still doing it the super long and hard way. Lots of newer master cylinders won't honor the warranty anymore if they're not bench bled.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online