New to powerstroke world, and a lot of issues.

sassyrel

Reaction score
That's still doing it the super long and hard way. Lots of newer master cylinders won't honor the warranty anymore if they're not bench bled.

factoid,,tho theyd have a h of a time trying to prove it...........and your right, bench bleed is right... been doing it for years, beats in car bleed..................

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The upper lever/shaft.
You must be registered for see images attach

I rednecked it up to get it around to get a feel for what the truck needed before i parked it to shop for parts:

It did the job lol :rolleyes:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Dang. I have the upper piece with the knob, but don't have the lower part with the mount.
I don't even know how it came apart. I've tried taking one apart and couldn't do it.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah this one was apart too when I got the truck. I didn't realize how much they cost to replace, $85 on ebay!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Crazy. Lol
Should be able to junkyard one. Being as should be the same from any zf.
Check the price before you go in, if it's more than $20, it may or may not leave in my boot. Lol

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol yup been there done that. i'm actually curious if other shifters from other trucks fit. I've seen a few others with the same type of flat stock with two holes in it at the bottom just like ours, i'm tempted to take apart my s10 and see lol

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey before i go about on test drives and such.....Before i bought the truck the u joint blew on the front driveshaft and wacked a hole in the transfer case...Is it safe to drive around like that? I'm not sure how the internals work on the TC and if it would seize up on me or not like that..obv i have no 4wd but i'm talking just in 2wd. Should I wait to try everything until i get the new tc?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Does it still have oil in it? Even thought you are going to replace it, I would wait till you replace it. I would hate to see it you damage something else if it locks up. They need lube, and if the oil has leaked out, it could, or probably will seize...

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was what i was thinking too. I doubt it has much oil left, i haven't checked. the hole is about 1/2 way up the case. Lucky for me we have two trucks at the yard in town with what in eed

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how would i go about figuring out which TC i need? junkyard has option of 1356 or 4407, measure the rear ujoint thats still on there or....is there a simpler answer since it's 40 below outside lol

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
it would be cast into the case. will be on the rear half.

4407 has a long web above the shifter on the front.

1356 doesn't