New To Me OBS :-)

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Well I picked it up today & drove it home from Harrisburg, PA. 1997 F-350 XLT CC LB SRW. 95,000 miles in the clock. Runs pretty well, I guess, but I'm used to a chipped up second gen. I made it home before a few minor problems showed themselves. Got a vibration of some sort but I think it's a front caliper hanging cause it was smoking when I pulled in the driveway & the rear tank is leaking. Other than that I think it's pretty straight but it goes in for inspection Monday, so I'll know more then. Got some cancer to fix also. Nothing big though. Heres a few pictures. I'm happy;Sweet.

Attachments

• P1010032.JPG
    P1010032.JPG
    707.5 KB · Views: 46
  • P1010033.JPG
    P1010033.JPG
    687.4 KB · Views: 34
  • P1010034.JPG
    P1010034.JPG
    723.1 KB · Views: 30

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purty truck, great motor. I see its a CC as well, and you can't beat those 94-97 bullet wheels. Oh yeah is it ZFor E4ODOA?

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
BTW, I'm jealous of those mirrors and the sliding rear window.

And the rims.

I'm taking those mirrors off & going to the smaller non-power mirrors. These just don't do anything for me. Gotta do some body work anyway so I'm switching 'em out then. You're welcome to them when they come off. Gotta keep the window though:D. I need 2 more alcoas to complete the second set so I can have summer & winter treads. Thinking about doing another strip, sand & polish routine on the summer set. This was the original stab at that....

Attachments

• 4 PSD Wheels.jpg
    4 PSD Wheels.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 8

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys. It's a little rougher in person but I'll get that taken care of. Overall, very clean for a 12 year old east coast truck. The interior is almost spotless.

My wife is definitely happier with this one compared to the Chevy. Gotta love a woman with low standards. Of course that would explain why she married me....;Really

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Psh, rough. Rough is when you knocked your front passenger shock off 6 years ago and haven't replaced it(guilty). Rough is when you have to roll down yer winders and use the outside door handle(front passenger door). Rough is when a new passenger asks you what that noise is and you reply 'Meh, guess I got used to it.' :rotflmao
I have to ask you though, as I've never ridden in the backseat of a chevy crew cab.
How does the back seat space compare to a Ferd. Both SD and OBS. I've always liked the Ford crew cab for room.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I have to ask you though, as I've never ridden in the backseat of a chevy crew cab.
How does the back seat space compare to a Ferd. Both SD and OBS. I've always liked the Ford crew cab for room.

The chevy is an EXTREMELY comfortable interior but it's downfall is that it's more car-like than truck-like. That could be a good thing for some I guess but I'm 6'1" & like to sit back a bit which left little room for the girls in the back & they still have alot of growing to do as they are only 7 & 5 yrs. old. The leg room would have disappeared quickly for them or I would have been eating the steering wheel. The smaller interior space was the first thing my wife commented on when I brought the Chevy home, so it is VERY noticeable compared to either an OBS or SD. I was very happy with the truck though. Quiet, comfortable, ran great, but my business suddenly couldn't support the payment so here I am, & probably better off for it. All in all, the chevy is a great truck. I know it will sound stupid but this truck (1997) in this color scheme has always been my favorite, sorta my dream truck. I'm happy to be back in an old Ford after tasting the "high life" & got no complaints. Stick with the Ford if interior space is what yer after, OBS or SD. Just for the record, I think the OBS ( & this is just my opinion) has more room than the SD.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I always figured the OBS and SD had about the same space. of course, the time spent in the backseat of either has been limited. I've considered an SD several times lately, but I just can't bring myself to part with my old gas guzzling 351. Just too many memories and it's been reliable, so I'll wait til it dies or i NEED upgrade. Did the CC/SB maneuver much differently than the CC/LB(I know, apples and oranges, since they are completely different gens).

I'm with you though, give me an old proven work truck over these new cadilacish trucks anyday. My biggest grievances with Chevy are the lack of cab space and the IFS, and that they no longer sell a manual tranny. Plus, I was always raised a Ford guy, and it's in my blood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.