new to me 92. need help.

ANGELO

Reaction score
Yeah, i ordered motorcraft plugs. I had 3 bad ones. But i wanted to get something fixed while i was waiting....

ANGELO

Reaction score
I only replaced 3 of the plugs. When i get money im going to do the rest. The old ones are autolights. It starts quit abit better but could definitely use new plugs.
So now that it starts right, what can i do about the gauge cluster. Is there a self test that will sweep the gauges?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only replaced 3 of the plugs. When i get money im going to do the rest. The old ones are autolights. It starts quit abit better but could definitely use new plugs.
So now that it starts right, what can i do about the gauge cluster. Is there a self test that will sweep the gauges?

go spend the money now.
having an autolite plug swell in the head is not something to be taken lite-ly
it just may make you pull a head.

get them out now before you have to do major engine work

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just install 8 beru....they work....

Using nottolights sucks...they swell...and fail quickly...then you will keep.doing this till you have 8 new plugs.

Fix it right....or ride a bicycle...cause thats what will happen if tip falls i to cyl when it fails...it can damage engine...and u be pedling to parts store for head gaskets and glow plugs and...

PS didnt wanna be 1st ***** to say that...so second is good :rotflmao;Sweet even though saw yer post a while ago

ANGELO

Reaction score
Yes... im going to replace all 8.... but unless someone sends me money or the rest of the plugs i cant buy plugs right now. Thats 2nd on my list. Fuel is first.

I think the gauge cluster problems should be electrical and probably free to fix. If it ends up costing money to fix i will do it later. So how can i test my gauges, mainly the tach. If you rev it past 2,200 the needle will bounce back to 0

ANGELO

Reaction score
Once i cash my check im replacing the glow plugs.
I think i found the lack of power and starting problems. It started running rough today and dripping fuel. It started to leak from one of the injector lines at the pump.already tried tightening it and its tight. Could the nut be cracked?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get a injection return line kit.
if you have the injection line isolation clamps on the lines, you should be good. but your return O-rings I would blame first,.

ANGELO

Reaction score
Its not the return lines. Its the one of the lines that goes from ip to injector. Its leaking where the line connects to the ip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online