New Tech Article by Riot Warrior

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we add a shot of everything but back in?
I don't think that's going to happen too quickly...since, in Al's case, he did this install as part of a complete teardown and rebuild. I don't think he's going to have everything back together too quickly...and, as others have pointed out, it won't be too easy to see once everything's back in.

If you want to see if your truck already has one, you'd probably be best off looking for one of the pieces with the welded nuts on the engine side i.e. as seen in this pic (from the article):

You must be registered for see images attach

BTW, I have yet to install mine (going to do it as part of my upcoming project), but let me second the praise for Jason's workmanship. He did a great job with these!! ;Sweet And THANK YOU Al for your write-up!! This will help me immeasurably when my time comes ;Sweet

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we add a shot of everything but back in?

Oh yes indeed I'll do the final photos and Mel can just do a short part 3.

Once I work through that portion of the install though as The Warden commented this is part of a larger build/project I am working on.

I had planned to switch to Hydro boost (hopefully) and if I have to redo the brake pushrod's PIN location I'll be doing that before the completion of the pedal install. I am also doing a Saginaw pump swap, and I need to locate lines for my 03 hydro boost.

There is also the fact I have huge feet and want to remove rubber pads and add some type of dimpled outward for traction plates the shape of my pedals this type of idea here in this pic but more and smaller dimples.

Then I want to have a circumferential lip that has teeth like a bear trap all around the outer edge of the pedal.

I hate my feet slipping on damp rubber pads.

So ya when I get my setup back in I'll be taking pics for everyone to see. I may even remove the plate...then make a nice Gasket for the firewall and re-install it and throw some paint on that rust...buwa ha ha NOT!

The whole inside will be stripped out sometime next year and a nice coat of POR then some spray in bedliner over the whole floor/footwell area.

Hope that you can wait till I get those pedals in :D

And everyone thank you for the praise!

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Al, I can cut you some nice stripes you can use to fab up your pedal pads out of some 14ga or i might even have some 12ga...and could be done reasonable. pm if your interested

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Is it normal to have the kit on the outside? Maybe the small one? Mine has a bracket behind the clutch mc, brake booster, and down the fw aways. Maybe that factory and just crazy??

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I installed the ford ones I used to fit them up and then after all the drilling , glue it down with windshield urethane, messy but sealed and bonded!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yes indeed I'll do the final photos and Mel can just do a short part 3.

Once I work through that portion of the install though as The Warden commented this is part of a larger build/project I am working on.

I had planned to switch to Hydro boost (hopefully) and if I have to redo the brake pushrod's PIN location I'll be doing that before the completion of the pedal install. I am also doing a Saginaw pump swap, and I need to locate lines for my 03 hydro boost.

There is also the fact I have huge feet and want to remove rubber pads and add some type of dimpled outward for traction plates the shape of my pedals this type of idea here in this pic but more and smaller dimples.

Then I want to have a circumferential lip that has teeth like a bear trap all around the outer edge of the pedal.

I hate my feet slipping on damp rubber pads.

So ya when I get my setup back in I'll be taking pics for everyone to see. I may even remove the plate...then make a nice Gasket for the firewall and re-install it and throw some paint on that rust...buwa ha ha NOT!

The whole inside will be stripped out sometime next year and a nice coat of POR then some spray in bedliner over the whole floor/footwell area.

Hope that you can wait till I get those pedals in :D

And everyone thank you for the praise!

Then there will be that ONE time that you went tubing down a creek and lost your shoes and had to drive home with bare feet. :rotflmao

:eek:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then there will be that ONE time that you went tubing down a creek and lost your shoes and had to drive home with bare feet. :rotflmao

:eek:

First I don't wear shoes, BOOTS only,;Sweet

Second I would leave the boots in the truck and not worry bout loosing em in a creek:sly.

Third, ifn I did have to drive bare foot, OH well. It's actually illegal here in my province to drive bare foot and I would take the roughness on my bare feet over slipping off the brake or clutch:eek: in snowy or muddy conditions any day.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I installed the ford ones I used to fit them up and then after all the drilling , glue it down with windshield urethane, messy but sealed and bonded!

You know that's a great idea, I may just look into some seam adhesive or sikiflex http://www.sika.ca/ind/ind-trans.htm

I used to use some of their adhesives in the RV industry stuff is almost like welding two pieces of metal together.;Sweet

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
What I am going to do with the release of this tech article is im going to discount these till Jan 1st for OB members.

Make sure you give your OB sign on name in the instructions when you check out and i will knock $25 off the purchase price...

that's $75 +shipping till JAN 1st!!!!! with no quantity limitations

just bringing this back up!!! ive gotten a couple of orders but i still have some in stock for those that are interested!

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really need to get it in gear and order one before the 1st.

I see you have a fall guy logo for an avatar, love that show. His GMC truck is sweet!

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
One last bump before the end of the year! this is the last week for this deal. You have until friday to get this part for $75+shipping. Thats $25 off the regular price!

MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR OILBURNERS.COM USERNAME IN THE BILING INFO!!!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Jason, that kit looks WAY over kill......AND I LIKE IT!!!

Do I have to guy my dash and whatnot, or can it be sone with more cursing and swearing witl all the dash and stuff installed?

I have MAJOR firewall flex...it's kind of beyond belief. The end of the brake master moved up and down about 2 inches when I shove the clutch and brake pedal. If I get my big $$ from the cash jobs I did this week, I will DEFINITLY be talking to you, but I don't even mind paying full price for such a nice looking piece!!

Good work Freebird!!!

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
it wont work on a 93. 92 and up trucks have a different pedal assembly that already has a support bracket on it.

here is a pic taken from fullsizebronco.com of the later model pedal assembly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online