New TD Truck!!

Big Boss Hoss

Reaction score
New to me 93 f-350 4X4 5 speed , 94 turbo engine installed in the truck buy the previous owner. 6 inch super lift riding on 35"S now. going to make an intake today and remove the whole old box. Any sugestions for more power would be nice.

Attachments

• 100_6004.JPG
    100_6004.JPG
    673.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_6006.JPG
    100_6006.JPG
    670.6 KB · Views: 18

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put an EGT (pyrometer) gauge in it. Then you can turn up the fuel safely to get more boost out of the turbo. The search here works well just search for "fuel screw" Also, just keep reading here as it seems these power discussions float around regularly. Search for "Moose Pump" and I'm sure you'll find some of what you're looking for.

Nice looking truck. How does it ride on the superlift springs? I have been looking at the different options for lifting my truck but haven't gotten much if any feedback on the different springs available.

And last but not least, welcome.

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
turn up the fuel, get it timed, new injectors and pump if the old ones are tired.

What are you planning to do with your old stock intake. I would be interested in it if you wanna sell it. (I have a half ass cold air intake that i really really dont like)

Big Boss Hoss

Reaction score
Super lift springs...................If your looking for a tank like ride then that's what you get, pretty bumpy but whatever. I'm sure a solid front axles are like this. As for the stock intake yeah i'll probally sell it will let you know in a couple of days when my intake is all done. Anyone have any pics of a custom air intake?? I moved my washer and rad fluid resiviours to the other side and will be turning the battery box 90 degrees. Easy to time the truck with a timing light???

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
. .....Easy to time the truck with a timing light???
welcome to the site!
You are going to need a timing adapter in order to use a timing light. Try a search for "pulse adapter" or "timing adapter" on our search engine here and you'll be busy reading for days:eek:
As far as turning up the power, get a pyro first. You've already got the turbo in, check to see if you have the aftermarket ATS adapter and downpipe in. If not, get one. Lastly, an intercooler really changes where the power comes on in these motors. Buried somewhere in this site is a seven page thread on intercoolers and all the different homemade setups done by various members here. I cheated, I bought the ATS kit when they still were selling them. With those two additions in, the only thing left is turning up the fuel screw and gluing your eyeball to the pyro gauge;Sweet

Big Boss Hoss

Reaction score
"Finished" my intake today will post a couple of pics later, consistof a 3.5 inch 90 right of the turbo flex coupler then 2.5 feet ish of pipe on an AFE filter. Right now it's a hot air intake but will be fixing that soon enough. Stock down pipe looks like what compared to an ats one??

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
the pipe looks like someone ran over it and then they put it on there.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
If your looking for a tank like ride then that's what you get, pretty bumpy but whatever. I'm sure a solid front axles are like this.
I have to disagree too, my truck will go sideways on the wash boards with the IFS & the negative arch on the springs. My buddy & I drove 3 F350 Superduty 4x4s on the same road & they just bounced over the bumps softly. All of the other IFS with the reverse leafs ride the same way. A straight axle with Superduty leafs & the reverse shackle system is the way to go.

Big Boss Hoss

Reaction score
looked at my down pipe today doesn't look loke some one ran over it but there is a small section between firewall and tranny that is "crimped" 3/4 of an inch is this stock or is stock totaly crushed??

Big Boss Hoss

Reaction score
As for the ride of my truck....... My other CAR is a BMW and i've never owned a truck before so my comparison might be skewed a little bit.

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looked at my down pipe today doesn't look loke some one ran over it but there is a small section between firewall and tranny that is "crimped" 3/4 of an inch is this stock or is stock totaly crushed??

It sounds to me like you have the stock downpipe. Here is a picture of the stock next to the ATS pipe.

As for the ride of my truck....... My other CAR is a BMW and i've never owned a truck before so my comparison might be skewed a little bit.

There is no comparison in the ride of a BMW car and a 1 ton truck, the truck will always seem to ride rough for what your used to.

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    255.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 7

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You and I have some similar tastes it seems. Which BMW do you happen to own? Here's mine.
You must be registered for see images attach

And post pics of your intake. I'm curious.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
New to me 93 f-350 4X4 5 speed , 94 turbo engine installed in the truck buy the previous owner. 6 inch super lift riding on 35"S now. going to make an intake today and remove the whole old box. Any sugestions for more power would be nice.

Didnt realize how noticeble the holes in the bumper were until i saw the picture of your truck........it definitely makes it look like gasser without the diesel bumper. Missing the badges too:dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger