New Supplier For Issapro Gages???

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Anybody know if Issapro is using their new supplier for their gages? I need to buy more of the EV type gages but don't want the crap they had. My eletric oil pressure gage shows anywhere from pegged at 80 + lbs to 30 lbs running at the same rpm. I'm told they gages can'y take the vibration of the diesels.

suv7734

Reaction score
The problem is usually the sender that can't take the vibration. The stock system on our trucks for instance uses the 'switch' instead of the old, tried and true, variable resistance sender that gave a true gauge reading of oil pressure. If you look at some of the older Louisville trucks, for instance, with diesels in them they used that same 'can' but it was remote mounted to the firewall to avoid the vibration. I wonder if you could just get a new sender, have the hydraullic shop fab up a hose and remote mount the sender (off the engine) so it is not subjected to the engine vibration?
Just a thought.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Click the link at the bottom of this page on the left side and contact ISSPRO directly. They will answer any and all questions you have and they are the best IMHO. I ran their gauges for 4 years in my 95 (EV series) and had zero problems.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is usually the sender that can't take the vibration. The stock system on our trucks for instance uses the 'switch' instead of the old, tried and true, variable resistance sender that gave a true gauge reading of oil pressure. If you look at some of the older Louisville trucks, for instance, with diesels in them they used that same 'can' but it was remote mounted to the firewall to avoid the vibration. I wonder if you could just get a new sender, have the hydraullic shop fab up a hose and remote mount the sender (off the engine) so it is not subjected to the engine vibration?
Just a thought.

That's the way Ford did it on our 83's. The OP sender was on the firewall with a hose. No doubt they did away with that to save a few bucks on the hose and fittings. cookoo

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, every 6.9 I've seen has a standard Ford sender screwed into the block. The 83-86 trucks use a variable resistance sender and a proper gauge, not an idiot light with a needle.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the remote sender was a "model A" engine feature. There may have been some 84's with it also.