New Intake, what do you think?

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
yeah! well if ur ever in maryland give me a pm did u grow up in alaska? or move their? i would like to c that place

I was born in Anchorage Alaska, I moved to Oregon when I was 7 with my mom. I grow up on a small farm down there, I had a great time on the farm, but alway's wanted to move back up here so I did almost 3 year's ago. I love it here! I still go down to Oregon every summer to see the family and my 3 best friends. If I ever move back it will be because of my friend's there some awesome guy's and I've known them for just over 10 years now, and i still talk to them daily.

Any how thats my story lol;Sweet

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was born in Anchorage Alaska, I moved to Oregon when I was 7 with my mom. I grow up on a small farm down there, I had a great time on the farm, but alway's wanted to move back up here so I did almost 3 year's ago. I love it here! I still go down to Oregon every summer to see the family and my 3 best friends. If I ever move back it will be because of my friend's there some awesome guy's and I've known them for just over 10 years now, and i still talk to them daily.

Any how thats my story lol;Sweet

haha thats cool! i have lived in the same town all my life but i like it its not bad i would just like to c more of the country, i just went to colorado last week and that makes the mountains we have here look like hillsLOL
cant imagine alaska

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
haha thats cool! i have lived in the same town all my life but i like it its not bad i would just like to c more of the country, i just went to colorado last week and that makes the mountains we have here look like hillsLOL
cant imagine alaska

Nothing's like it. It's something you have to see yourself. EVERYTHING'S BIGGER IN ALASAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sly:sly

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments fellas

Looks good but I wouldn't use steel myself I would be to afraid it would rust inside and a chunk of rust would take out the turbo. Compared to a turbo stainless steel is not that expensive

X2 its way more funn and versitile! i use a syncrowave 200 in my shop and for $2100 yoou can make that back on half a job LOL i would recomend it over the larger units because its more portable and you can make it water cooled if you need it but i look at it as i dont usualy need the water cuz most of what i do is smaller welds that arent too hot but the water is nice over 3/8in

your weld on the alum looks great ;Sweet

I can understand the portability issue but in the shop i worked at we had big DOD and Sandia lab contracts and that thing was almost always on, we did a lot of thickr stuff and needed the cooling capcity of the water, we also did alot of exotic stuf ie Magnesium, Tantalum(a 6"x8" round of this stuff weighs 60 pounds and we had to have insured it for $60K from UPS:eek:) and believe it or not that intake was my first ever try on AL so getting compliments on it arre that much better :D

oh by the way sorry for the hijack

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I have seen a Napa 6637 filter and it will flow plenty. Industrial style filter that looks like it should go in a John Deere or something. Thats my next filter ;Sweet

1994IDI

Reaction score
I never thought of the steel rusting.. would anyone foresee that as a problem, and should/can I do anything to prevent it?

GHUNT: It does not line up quite right to the filter bracket. I assume that our adapters to the turbo were different sizes, and it will not allow the tab to reach to the bolt hole of the filter housing.

6NEBRASKA: Are you talking about taking the manifold bolt out and then running the bailing wire through there and through the tab? Or did I misunderstand?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
6NEBRASKA: Are you talking about taking the manifold bolt out and then running the bailing wire through there and through the tab? Or did I misunderstand?

You dont even need to take the bolt out, the bolt is what creates another "hole" to feed the bailing wire through. Slip the bailing wire around the back side of the bolt (between the bolt and the manifold/crossover pipe joint) and then through the hole in the down pipe mounting bracket. Tie the two ends together as tight as possible to start with and then start twisting and winding it up. Worked awesome on mine.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Tighted the downpipe down with some metal wire, and put a nice coating of rust o leum inside the intake to prevent rust. So far it seems to work well. Anyone else running home built intakes?

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
Curious as to what size the neck is on the intake? Is it the standard 5 1/8" like a carburetor or larger? I only ask because I have a steel adapter to run 4" tube off of a 5 1/8" carb already. D:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online