New Intake, what do you think?

dieselman29200

Pa. Oil Burner
Reaction score
I made a similar intake when I installed the turbo. I made it out of 3" pvc, and used a universal filter from Advance Auto. Cant say that the filter has treated me bad, I just dont like the fact that the open element is pulling all the warm air from the radiator. I think this does affect the egts a bit.

Attachments

• 100_0965.JPG
    100_0965.JPG
    968.1 KB · Views: 33

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That napa filter is only spec'd at like 450 cfm. Not really a whole lot.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Heres mine, its Aluminum that i welded up, and the bottom pic is the rest which i still have to mount, i also machined a bracket to mount it to the fender, im goin to connect them with a silicone boot, the whole thing is 4" ID the polished tube is SST since i ran out of AL and it was free so i aint complaining
You must be registered for see images attach

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Heres mine, its Aluminum that i welded up, and the bottom pic is the rest which i still have to mount, i also machined a bracket to mount it to the fender, im goin to connect them with a silicone boot, the whole thing is 4" ID the polished tube is SST since i ran out of AL and it was free so i aint complaining

that's pretty ;Sweet

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I love it, its so much more fun then MIG or Stick, im trying to save up for a nice Millermatic. The machine i learned on was a Syncrowave 500 with water Cooler, Pulse timer, rotating axis, and was bigger then two fridges next to each other...price tag...well over 15K

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it, its so much more fun then MIG or Stick, im trying to save up for a nice Millermatic. The machine i learned on was a Syncrowave 500 with water Cooler, Pulse timer, rotating axis, and was bigger then two fridges next to each other...price tag...well over 15K

X2 its way more funn and versitile! i use a syncrowave 200 in my shop and for $2100 yoou can make that back on half a job LOL i would recomend it over the larger units because its more portable and you can make it water cooled if you need it but i look at it as i dont usualy need the water cuz most of what i do is smaller welds that arent too hot but the water is nice over 3/8in

your weld on the alum looks great ;Sweet

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Looks good but I wouldn't use steel myself I would be to afraid it would rust inside and a chunk of rust would take out the turbo. Compared to a turbo stainless steel is not that expensive

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Looks good but I wouldn't use steel myself I would be to afraid it would rust inside and a chunk of rust would take out the turbo. Compared to a turbo stainless steel is not that expensive