New fuel lines

shakenbake254

Reaction score
I bought a 1986 f250 6.9 recently to restore it and the next thing on my list is new fuel lines going from the duel tanks to the sender(where the 4 lines go to 2). The guy I bought it from had the rear lines hooked up to the front tank and the front lines unhooked. After hooking the lines up properly and running the truck from the front tank I noticed the truck was idling really rough, surging, and eventually dying. My guess is air intrusion on the front tanks fuel lines. My question is should I look for metal lines, nylon, or rubber diesel rated lines? Right now it has nylon lines with plastic push style fittings. Should I get metal fittings with the new hose line or reuse the plastic ones? any help is appreciated. Thanks.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you look in my build thread you can see how I did mine. Unfortunately I have not got to try this setup yet. :rolleyes:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Basically i would run new lines.
The quick disconnects probably need new orings. And your selector valve could be at fault also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

shakenbake254

Reaction score
Where is the selector valve and how do I check it? This is my first truck project so I dont know much and I am learning as I go.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
selector valve is on the driverside frame rail, depending what cab you have, depends on the placement.