New fuel leak, help please.

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my filter housing, a hose seems to have broken off of it. It has been leaking pretty bad. I don't know what it is there for, or what i need to replace it. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• NEWleak2.jpg
    NEWleak2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 25

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats not missing a hose... Thats a vacuum pressure electrical sender that tells you if you have a vacuum in the fuel supply to the injection pump. You can remove it and install a 1/8 inch pipe plug till you can find a proper sender. I'm surprised you are not seeing a dash lite telling you there is a fuel supply issue....

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, i put the pipe fitting in. I had about 130 miles on the tank, and it started to sputter. luckily i was right near a gas station. i Pulled in and filled it up, only gained about 1 mpg.

I used to get about 17/18, now im getting 10. last time was 11. thats a crazy amount to lose. It was to the point where it was smoking out of my hood, where it landed on the manifold. But it hasnt done that since I put the plug in. so idk where it would still be leaking.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you seeing fuel now? Is is still at the filter head somewhere or is it now on top of the engine?

Heath

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i got home today, and the smoke was back. I popped the hood, and it was dripping from the same area. this time it was from the return line right next to the vacuum sensor. I replaced the quick clip with a hose clamp. i think that leak is solved.

The last injector it is connected to is leaking. I pulled up on the line, and fuel juiced out of the cap. i think i need to tighten the metal hose on top of the injector, to push it down. I have already replaced the O-rings and all the caps.