New Crewcab

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
As many of you know, I traded my old crewcab.

Here's it's replacement.

Tom

Attachments

• My Truck Front resized.JPG
    My Truck Front resized.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 25
  • My Truck Back resized.JPG
    My Truck Back resized.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 19
  • My Truck Engine resized.JPG
    My Truck Engine resized.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 27

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well, I'm not going to tell you it is nice, but I guess I'll have t congratulate You on this new thing :rolleyes:

Ok Ok, yes it does look good, I think I'm going to the dealer this weekend and drive their new trucks just so I have a little taste and go right back to my truck. Congratulations, I know it was a tough decision.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
(in my best Homer Simpson voice) Oooooooooo Shinnnnnnyyyyyy :D Congrats on the new truck, I hope it serves you well. ;Sweet But didn't your moma tell you that only little boys wear bow ties? cookoo :rotflmao

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
;Sweet :thumbsup:

looks good. That Duramax is turning out to be a pretty good power plant lot less growing pains than the 6.0 International is putting out in the Ford Chassis.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
nice truck. i test drove a duramax and they drive nice. i couldnt afford one in 4x4 though. still i'd have bought one if i had the means. ;Sweet

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Ironman03R said:
Your gonna upgrage that right?? Do I hear 700HP 1400lb ft? ;Sweet

Wish I could aford one of those.

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with it.

Upgrades? I already don't know what to do with 650lbs of torque. Well, I know what to do with it...just getting used to it. ;Sweet

My only complaint is I CAN'T HEAR IT! I'm thinking reusable air filter and a straight thru exhaust when the warranty is up. Oh yea, and bigger tires. Those rear ones won't last long. :Sly

I'm calling it my muscle truck. Now if I can just figure out how to get a Duramax in my '66 Impala SS. ;Really

Tom

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for one of those new dry-flow filters. Oiled air filters SUCK. Not so much on diesels, but on gassers all they do is foul mass airflow meters...

Theres lots of things you can do to the truck that WON'T void the warranty...like melting those stock rear tires...

82fordtruck

Reaction score
No - he's got EGR and a cat. And, his engine warranty goes to 100k miles. I don't think a cat back exhaust would be worth it, and don't mess with that intake - it's plenty good as is.

The only thing it seems everyone does is the nicktane fuel filter - 1/2 micron. I have no plans to do anythign except drive it and maybe change the oil.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
82fordtruck said:
No - he's got EGR and a cat. And, his engine warranty goes to 100k miles. I don't think a cat back exhaust would be worth it, and don't mess with that intake - it's plenty good as is.

The only thing it seems everyone does is the nicktane fuel filter - 1/2 micron. I have no plans to do anythign except drive it and maybe change the oil.

Warranty goes to 100K, but there's a $100 deductable on each use after 36K. Kinda hokey. cookoo

FS2500 Bypass oil filter, S&B Intake, and haven't decided on exhaust. No emissions test were I live so cat and muffler have to go at some point. Not so easy with that computer thingy monitoring everything. But there are ways....

And a whole list of cosmetic stuff. :Sly

Tom

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Yep, I like it! Them little bowtie wearing boys are pretty much wiping the tracks with them oval wearing girls as well, just keep on talking! :) That is the truck I want when I move closer to work, finish my MBA and Phd, etc. etc. etc.

Truly though, I think you did a fine job, sharp rig and after having driven a couple of them, I know how well they run. My buddies is a year old and has about 75,000 on it. He has driven it to Alaska three times and I think he goes to Montana every other weekend to hunt! Must be nice (in his case) to be rich and shameless!!! -cuss

82fordtruck

Reaction score
TLBREWER said:
Warranty goes to 100K, but there's a $100 deductable on each use after 36K. Kinda hokey. cookoo

FS2500 Bypass oil filter, S&B Intake, and haven't decided on exhaust. No emissions test were I live so cat and muffler have to go at some point. Not so easy with that computer thingy monitoring everything. But there are ways....

And a whole list of cosmetic stuff. :Sly

Tom

I think the intake is a waste of money. The one on there is really good. If you're going to do anythign with the exhaust, remove the EGR and put on a finger stick (egr simulator), and do a turbo back exhaust. These are designed with a fair amount of back pressure to operate that EGR. I don't like it, but I'm not doing it until 100,001 miles.

I agree, that warranty thing is kinda hokey. But, it makes me feel better wieth these injectors. Think about that nicktane fuel filter too. That helps the injectors a lot. It's a real high pressure system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online