New Bucket Seats

BigDogIDI

Reaction score
I have a 92 ext. cab. I am in desperate need of bucket seats. My bench seat is awful, talk about back pain! Where is a good place to look. I live in the middle of nowhere, so no junkyards, and craigslist never seems to have them. Any ideas?

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a set thru EBAY. Look for sellers large enough to offer "free" shipping.

WIZ-KID

Reaction score
If you wanted to make a trip to Portland there's someone parting a '93 F150. Ad says front bench, but likely is the split bench, kinda like buckets compared to the flat bench like I got in my crew. Plus they're only asking $75. CL, Portland post id: 6507890188

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of 01 escape seats for 60 bucks for the pair, and made my own bases.
until I found a complete 96F350 that I stole the interior out of

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an extended cab and found seats out of a 2014 F-150 extended cab for my truck (with the half door that opens) off craigslist. The F-150 seats have seat belts built into the seat and I like that (Dodge and Chevy trucks also have these seats). Just note, if you get seats like this you have to reinforce where the seat bolts in (I used 1/4 plate like you would with a interior roll cage) because the entire seat is the restraint. You don't want it ripping bolts out of the sheet metal in an accident. I like it because now anyone can get into the back seat without also having to trip over the belt on the pillar. Plus new seat belts. Cosmetically, I plugged the hole for the should strap in the plastic with a Ace Hardware hole plug (I painted it with color matched interior paint). If I ever switch seats, just pop the plug out.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure that whatever seats you buy, they still tilt forward for access to the rear. Something that came out of a 4-door donor likely only reclines.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance