New 12v WMO user in CT

JPhauler87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Cummins 12v WMO User

Hi all, I find myself here a lot after Googling WMO stuff and have learned quite a bit from you guys. Thought I'd finally join up.

I have a 1995 2500 Ram. 4x4 5spd. Took me a while to find this truck in my price range, and honestly I probably ended up in the price range I was avoiding after throwing money at all the issues it had. But whatever. It's mine and I love it. :D

Previous tow rig was a 1996 2500 Burb with the 7.4L. Great vehicle built at a time when gas was $1.50/gal. I have several friends running 12 valves and whatever oil based product they can come across for fuel. Didn't take me long to realize 9mpg with $4/gal gas wasn't going to cut it! My original intention was to run WVO but after some scoping of the area restaurants, it sounds like they are all spoken for, mostly by companies that come to pump it out. So WMO it was!

Getting my oil from Craigslist as I find it or from a friend's truck shop (15w-40 is thick as cooler weather is coming!) My filtering setup is just a simple 55gal drum with provisions to hang 1 micron sock filters and a couple drains, one for ready product and one for water/junk. 5gal buckets with spouts hold clean oil and get dumped in through a funnel. Cheap, effective, landlord friendly.

Planning to expand with a second barrel, pump, and a spin on filter once we're done moving. Started off 1:1 WMO/#2, then moved to 2:1, and am now running my first batch of W85. Going to W80 on the next tank to thin out the 15w a bit more, also working out the kinks on a Dodge AFT/coolant heat exchanger just to help thin the mix out a bit more. Not getting it up to 160*F like the WVO guys, just enough to thin things out in the colder weather (so far, it runs much better this way!) Have put about 7k miles on the truck so far running WMO.

If you read all this, thanks!!! I'll be around the 12v and alt fuels forum! :cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance