Needing a complete dash wire harness for my 2000 F350 7.3 Please help!!

zukgod

Reaction score
I am in real need of a complete harness for my truck. I had a small fire and some of the harness melted, I think it could be fixed but I would be much better off to replace the whole thing. Does anyone know where to find one? And is there a universal harness for the 4x4, diesel, auto power options? My harness number is YC3T 14401 F260Z I cannot find this harness and it almost been a year and I need to get this thing going. Any help would be greatly appreciated, even just info on what to look for. Thank you guys.

Josh

zukgod

Reaction score
I do but I have not found the exact part number and was told one time that it had to be the exact one. Anyone know if that's true? Thanks for the reply.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
As long as it has the same features, should really be the same.
With mass production, it saves money to have the least variables possible. So only a few different ones are made.

Are you sure that's the right part number?

zukgod

Reaction score
That's the part number that was taped around my harness I have the sticker right here, I assume that's where the part number would be. Like I said there was a ford mechanic or so called on another forum that had told me there were 40 something different harnesses for these trucks. It made no sense to me, like you I figured there would only be one harness for the trucks with the plugs that may or may not be used. That's how most trucks are made anyhow. If anyone knows this for sure one way or the other I will go get a harness right away and you will have saved my bacon. Thanks for the help Jasper.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as its a diesel,same tranny and some options they should have the same wiring.ford used to use diffent harnesses with certain options but i theyve stopped doing that,GM does it now.

If you can solder,fix it.i melted the whole harness where it runs over the cluster in my 94.i Fixed it,used heavier wire,soldered and shrink tubed every splice.never had a problem with it.

Ill offer to fix yours if you cant find one.

zukgod

Reaction score
Rich
That is a very nice offer, If I can't find a harness I will take you up on the fix and pay you whatever you think is fare. I love this site it's nice to have a bunch of like minded folks that want to help each other. I will not name sites but I posted this same thread on a really large ford only site and after 2 weeks of begging I have not gotten even a screw you. In one day here I have had folks offer to help, that's really cool. I hope that I can pay it back in some way one day. Still looking for any info out there.

Josh

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I was at the local JY here just a few days ago, and there's a 2002 super duty powerstroke here. It has an automatic in it, 2wd if it matters. Pretty sure the entire cab harness is still there. The engine harness is gone though... totally cut out. :( But, if you're interested I can go back and yank it out. They charge $35 for a "harness", so that's about what it would cost you.

zukgod

Reaction score
I wish that would work, but I know it needs or at least I have been told it needs to be from a 4x4. I would love to find one for that price. I really appreciate the offer that's very nice. This place rocks.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yes, because the 4x4 selector switch.
BUT, that's back to the whole mass production of harnesses....
My 94 is a base model, but should have the plug under the dash for at least cruise..

The older trucks had the same harnesses. For example 2wd vs 4wd: have the same chassis harness, just the plug on the frame will accept a 2wd trans only harness, and 4wd trans plus tcase harness.

It's all down to how bad you wanna drive your truck.

Have you tried the dealership?

zukgod

Reaction score
I have tried the dealership, they no longer make the harness. And I need four wheel drive so it's not worth putting in a harness that will not work with my truck.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the 2wd harness doesnt have the 4x. Plugs?best way to find out is start ripping one apart and see if it has all the plugs you need.they all have the wiring for the fog lights wether they came with them or not,cant see ford using a different harness for 2 or 4wd.just doesnt make sence.

Ill offer to fix yours again.send it with return shipping prepaid.itll take a couple days.i think waiting a week to get it fixed sounds better than looking for one that seems like youre not gonna find easily.

Junkyards here laugh at me all the time when im looking for diesel part.they dont get diesels till theyre is nothing usable on them,and they go right in the crusher.they tell me the fords are the hardest to find in a yard around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online