Need you electrical gurus....

Crankybait

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '93 has developed a strange electrical problem. With the park lights on and the right turn signal something is causing a back feed or ground problem that is affecting the fuel solenoid in the IP. The truck will start to buck, jump and lose power, as soon as you turn the turn the park lights off the problem goes away. The harness for the taillights is not in the best of shape so I'm thinking that as a place to start.. Any other thoughts will be gratefully accepted.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Follow your hunch and check out the parking light harness. Look at the wiring that goes to the Trailer plugs. Too many people screw with this harness and f'up the harness.

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I would look at the grounds. Should be some under the dash. It's possible something in the light circuit is shorting out.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure on a 93 but it could be up in the column.

Brandon Crislip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow your hunch and check out the parking light harness. Look at the wiring that goes to the Trailer plugs. Too many people screw this this harness and f'up the harness.
Follow this guys advice.. just dealt with something like this on my friends Camry

Crankybait

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I crawled under the beast yesterday and moved the wires around. That seems to have helped, so Weds I'm off in search of a harness. I bet its going to be hard to find a '92-93 ext cab diesel harness with dual tanks...wish me luck.

idiTravelAll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy redid his harness on his scout, pulled it and did 1 wire at a time, probably the route I'd go if you're comfortable with a soldering iron that way you'll have a brand new wiring harness.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Yeah, you most likely do not need a whole harness. It could just be one or two wires that got by some debris or a stick and need to be patched.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you most likely do not need a whole harness. It could just be one or two wires that got by some debris or a stick and need to be patched.
This isn’t usually the case when people replace the whole harness

pcwizzy16

Reaction score
I fixed the lights on our '83 E-150 by doing individual wires (besides the rear license plate light, which the fixture is completely brittle and broken), Now I have to fix other gremlins on it, but I dread doing it because behind the dash, and practically everywhere on it, it's cramped, barely space to move.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online