Need some schooling on my 06

Cat235D

Reaction score
After 6 years of misery :puke: and THOUSANDS of dollars in "upgrades" i finally traded my 99 PSD for a new 06 QC 4x4 auto, Loaded to the gils. I love the truck, makes almost as much power as my PSD and its still stock. I do not plan on increasing my hp yet other than a intake and exhaust, Are there any weak links on this truck that i should watch out for? After lurking on TDS for 6 years i`ve learned just about everything there is to know about my old truck and how to fix it when it breaks, Now i need to get schooled on the Dodge and 5.9. Any help is appreciated, Thanks, Mike.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cat235D said:
After 6 years of misery :puke: and THOUSANDS of dollars in "upgrades" i finally traded my 99 PSD for a new 06 QC 4x4 auto, Loaded to the gils. I love the truck, makes almost as much power as my PSD and its still stock. I do not plan on increasing my hp yet other than a intake and exhaust, Are there any weak links on this truck that i should watch out for? After lurking on TDS for 6 years i`ve learned just about everything there is to know about my old truck and how to fix it when it breaks, Now i need to get schooled on the Dodge and 5.9. Any help is appreciated, Thanks, Mike.
injector o-rings (leak fuel into oil)
turbos arent as good as the old ones
injectors **** out alot(electronic)

stacerbob

Borderline Genius
Reaction score
My buddy tech at the DODGE dealer says to check the oil often to be sure there is no fuel leaking in the oil. Don't let it idle alot either. Friend of mine has an '06 with 6spd, 315 tires with Superchips & it runs real strong for just that. I ordered him the MAGNAFLOW 5" stainless, it fit really nice & sounds great. Its the higher one with the tip welded on.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stacerbob said:
My buddy tech at the DODGE dealer says to check the oil often to be sure there is no fuel leaking in the oil. Don't let it idle alot either. Friend of mine has an '06 with 6spd, 315 tires with Superchips & it runs real strong for just that. I ordered him the MAGNAFLOW 5" stainless, it fit really nice & sounds great. Its the higher one with the tip welded on.

fuel in oil is cracked o-rings or injectors
long idle times burn up the injector tips