Need some info. Temps and such.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, here goes. I have the ATS turboed engine in and running well, 04 intercooler and all the guages, water ,oil,pyro,boost,volts. What I need to know is what should I consider max water temp with the mechanical guage in the stock location? Oil is running 45 psi hot , knew I should have shimmed the spring but it is in spec. With the big intercooler boost comes up slow ,makes 5 to 7 with the camper on in 4th or 5th gear when you roll on the throttle, lots of torque, way more than the 460.
here is what I did
Built engine,1 sleeve, rest drilled the water jacket and inspected,standard bore,coated the pistons, bored the precups deeper and even depths, balanced, polished ports,cam ground with a little more lift and duration,dry film coated the rockers,,turbo exh valves,luk single mass set. Ats wastegated turbo,ps ic new rad,4 inch after downpipe,converted to ac,rebushed front and rear springs, new u bolts, cab mounts fuel tank mods and bronco rear tank,355 gears rebuilt front axle complete. Many nights till midnite the last 3 weeks.
Some temp guideline would be great and I will do a folio when we get back from vacation.
mel wants pics and text on the build.
thanks for the good info on this project. ;Sweet
Russ

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a sweet truck ;Sweet

IIRC, you don't want to go over 240 on the water temp. The fan clutch should lock up at 220 and cut back off at 212.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks tristan, we are headed out to wisconsin this morning from Oregon, up thru canada then across to michigan. I put on a new fan clutch,ouch, and it moves a lot more air. If we encounter any problems I will be looking up some peeps. lol
Russ