Need lug wrench for '86 F350

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
I need a lug wrench and a jack for my farm truck '86 F350. I lost the originals. I would like to add an aftermarket turbo to the 6.9 IDI engine, any suggestions which and where to get it. Thanks.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I didn't trust the original jack in my truck, I just went to the parts store and got a 6 ton bottle jack and a 4 way tire iron.

Hypermax, ATS or Banks for the turbo, looking at about $2500 no matter where you go though. If money is tight, craigslist can be your friend. The usual price is about $500 for a mostly complete kit. I've heard any IDI turbo setup will any other IDI so you dont have to find a specific kit...excpet in the case of van IDI's and I think the only difference is in the exhaust side of it.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With early banks and many of the hypermax kits, the up pipes are tranny specific as in autos generally only fit autos and vice versa for manuals.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Wow, did they drop the price or is my memory getting that bad? LOL

They droped it in November, I looked figuring that I would add it to my christmas list and say that, then started kicking myself for spending money fixing my stupid half ton.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Depending on how tight they've been put on( and spec is mighty tight) a 4 way might not get the nuts off, unless you're one of these 400 pound gorillas with wrists bigger than my thighs, then, just get the 4 way :D. You may need to carry a 1/2" breaker bar with the appropriate socket (s) to fit your lug nuts so you can stand on the thing. You may have more than one size on there.

Bobus

Powerstroked
Reaction score
Ive got a complete Banks Sidewinder Turbo on a '86 6.9l.. Has 20-30K on it.. if intrested PM me

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Thanks you for your reply. Can you please send some more information about the turbo system you have and how much you are asking for it.
Burt.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
used banks turbo

Ive got a complete Banks Sidewinder Turbo on a '86 6.9l.. Has 20-30K on it.. if intrested PM me

Hi Bobus,
I tried to send you a message but your option for receiving was off. I'm interested in your used bank turbo system. Can you send me some more info and also how much you are asking for it. I have a '86 F350 w/ 6.9 IDI, 4 speed transmission, 4wd, flat bed dump, dually. Its a very strong, solid truck, very useful in our farm but I need to add some more power and efficiency to the new rebuilt engine I just got for it. I also have an '86 E350 van w/ a 6.9 IDI and automatic transmission. I would like to add to this one a turbo also some time later because right now the budget only allows for some work in the farm truck.
Thanks. Burt. [email protected]

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on how tight they've been put on( and spec is mighty tight) a 4 way might not get the nuts off, unless you're one of these 400 pound gorillas with wrists bigger than my thighs, then, just get the 4 way :D. You may need to carry a 1/2" breaker bar with the appropriate socket (s) to fit your lug nuts so you can stand on the thing. You may have more than one size on there.

Yep yep - I have one of those oversized 1/2" breaker bar with a 6" impact wrench extension welded to it and a 1-1/16 deep impact socket on the end, I put my lugnuts on with just that but I need to slip a cheater pipe on the breaker bar to get them loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online