need 94 f350 7.3 idi pump and injectors

Simmonscoating

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if the pump and stage 1 injectors they sell at DPS are what they claim. Ken said 320 horse 600ft of torque. is this pos out of this motor

my pump and injectors have 195,000 miles on them fig i would update lot of towing coming to a theater this summer.

running 13psi boost straight exhust one flat on the ip. Any other tips.

Powder coat everything. paint nothing

sootman73

Reaction score
the injectors are junk from what i hear and a lot of people have said. those numbers are ridiculously far off...... pumps seem to be okay but they have bad customer service(well lot of people say they have none) i know i have heard too much bad stuff about them that i will never buy anything from them.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Read some of the feedback in the forum called... The Hall of Shame..... Then buy from whomever you choose....

sootman73

Reaction score
I would recommend injectors from Russ Typ4 and a pump from mel. at that many miles you are def on borrowed time....

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard bad things about DPS... but a few good things about Oregon Fuel Injection. I just bought a pump from them. Couldn't afford a moose no way about it though everyone says they're hands down the best.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything abour Oregon Fuel Injection? I work about 5 miles from the place, but have never heard anything good or bad about 'em. Their website says their pump is about $500 last I checked. Is that really much cheaper than, say, a Baby Moose?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Both of my Moose pumps were right at $580.00 but. I gave Mell good running pumps that were not all crapped up or worn out... I'm not sure what a baby Moose costs but I know its better than what any other shp can or will build. I don't know of a shop that can tell you the differance in a pensacola and a Moose pump. I sure wouldn't let anyone take apart my Moose pump just for a comparrison look see. Even if they paid for the pump first before they took it apart. I know I wouldn't know whats differant inside them... Now ask me whats differant in a 7.3 motor and I can tell you anything from memory.... Or I can look it up in my shop manuals.....:sly Go ahead and build a baby or upgrade to a full blown Moose pump... Plenty of us have done that but be warned.... Once you do that... You wont go back. Or this... Once you go Mel... Everything will be swell.....:sly:D

Slade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave about $610. for my Baby Moose. I just installed it today with a set of Russ's BB injectors and haven't really run it much but WOW what a differance. The truck has never run this good.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely avoid the Stage 1 injectors, I have never run a DPS pump or a Moose Pump. I know Mel will give you better customer service and can be trusted to come through, with Ken it's kinda hit or miss if you can get up with him. He rebuilt my turbo and didn't screw me over, it looked like I had a new ATS turbo when he was done with it, but he held the whole works for almost 5 months. The Stage 1s are a mistake. You don't even have room enough for all the fuel a Moose or DPS pump and stock BB injectors can flow unless you are intercooled or have water injection and head studs to take the boost which would definitely be over 15 psi and thus risky on stock bolts.

Simmonscoating

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. That's y I ask before I buy. I found a guy here in Maryland that can do wonders on these trucks he has two idi running 16s at Mir raceway I

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel