My Turbo Tale

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean install, looking forward to the dyno results. What kind of condition is the turbo long block in?

Block is good; I never heard it run but the PO said it fired right up. Oil is black (no water). Donor truck had 250,000 km on it (156K miles).

I checked the timing last night. Was at 7.5 so moved it to 8.5. I might see if I can get it on the dyno Saturday.

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take note on those Auber gauges, I've always wanted them for my EGT and Water Temp (for water temp I trigger my Mark 8 fan and its adjustable) but they do not like cold weather. Anything around 32 degrees and below causes the reading to show EEEE.

I installed 2 this past December to get ready for my move to WV. The install took almost a week because it kept reading EEEE. I got extra EGT probes and tried the golander GL101B (Its similar as auber without the fancy stuff does not work with as many sensors).

Both gauges and all EGT probes kept having issues. The problem was I was installing them in 18 to 10 degree weather. I realized it was the cold and used them anyway. After things stay on for a bit the gauges end up showing a reading. This only happens on cold days.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one I had installed in a truck, I never noticed those issues.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Might have been a QC failure. How cold did you get yours? You're down in OK so you deal with less cold than us northerners but I'm sure it still gets cold down there. I really like the look of the Auber gages myself and have considered them but not if they don't work all winter! It was 35 out here on Tuesday....

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I remember seeing it read below zero on the gauge before. Truck is long gone now. Actually, I think someone from Arkansas bought it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

turbonator

gm diesel guys, AKA turbonator
Reaction score
Before starting any performance mods the truck had a date with the chassis dynamometer at International Dyno in Ottawa http://internationaldynoauthority.com/. I was expecting 125 HP (at the wheels) and hit 123 on the first run. Subsequent runs all came out at about 104 WHP. :dunno probably explains why I was wanting the turbo.
You must be registered for see images attach

We are very curious to see what you dyno. Thanks for posting up the link to the shop. We are close to Tremblant in Quebec, and need a couple new dyno shops. Our last dyno shop was in Richmond. Zekes in Lachine is closed now too.....J&J.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are very curious to see what you dyno. Thanks for posting up the link to the shop. We are close to Tremblant in Quebec, and need a couple new dyno shops. Our last dyno shop was in Richmond. Zekes in Lachine is closed now too.....J&J.

If you frequent truck pulls you might know of the owner Mark "Motor mouth"... really knows how to keep an audience entertained!

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update! Finally did the post-turbo dyno run. Over the summer I also installed a Baby Moose.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's quite a bit of torque increase! I like it! I really like that auber gauge too!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take a look in the top right at the box labeled “test and engine conditions” don’t think you’re running a four banger

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not know for sure, but it could affect how the dyno is loaded, which would affect how much fuel the governor pulls. I do not have any experience with the program they are using so I cannot say for sure, just noticed it seemed out of place

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at those numbers makes suspect you have room for more fuel. What was the boost numbers on the dyno?