My Truck Runs So Much Better!!

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
I replaced the DPS Stage 1's with a set of Delphi BB's today and it is all the difference in the world! :love::love: Idles so much smoother. Runs quieter. No fuel knock on start. No heavy smoke on start. And it seems to have more power. I haven't checked the timing yet.

6 of 8 injectors were soaking wet.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
nother satisfied customer.... Ken should be reading some of the dissatisfication from his base people. He has made lots of positive contrabutaions to the idi world. Sorry its come to this...

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
nother satisfied customer.... Ken should be reading some of the dissatisfication from his base people. He has made lots of positive contrabutaions to the idi world. Sorry its come to this...

We all that went to DPS thought we were doing it right. Well I'll wait awhile before I try stuff until it is tested more.

Reklund said:
Funny how DPS stuff works better as a paperweight, isn't it? Been there, done that.

Yep, I was looking at those DPS injectors tonite wondering what they are good for. I don't even know if you can rebuild them?

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
what is sad is he actually made good products for a little while then went to chit at a drop of a hat.Kinda like the USA 6x6 of the IDI world.I would put them both in teh same pile!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't the DPS pumps actually pretty decent? I'm not defending Ken's business practices, whether they are of a dishonest nature or just poor, I am not in a position to determine. I conclude with most of you that the stage 1s are crap though. This approach is no good, the stock approach is much better and the Moose Misters may be better still. Yet to be determined.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Aren't the DPS pumps actually pretty decent?

The DPS Turbo CAl IP performed decent with the new Delphis yesterday. It will stay in the truck until....

I would love to be able to install the Moose Pump for comparison.

BTW, The first IP I got from Ken had a fuel knock on cyl #7 so bad I couldn't let the truck run. Sent it back and he said he couldn't find anything wrong with it. But the knock mysteriously went away!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
My advice...just deal with Mel. He makes me feel warm a fuzzy :love:

:rotflmao

:eek: WOW, you confessed THAT in front of the whole board? ;Poke

Well, I guess that is the first step in the road to recovery.LOL

Don,
one would think a new pintle or tip assembly could bring them back to squirting normally.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one would think a new pintle or tip assembly could bring them back to squirting normally.

True, but that's the most expensive part of an injector. One of the reasons Moose Misters start life as a new injector, instead of just an old body with new tips. The price difference is like 5 bucks or something rediculous. :dunno

I think this should be my new tag line.....

Feel the fuzz. LOL

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this should be my new tag line.....

Feel the fuzz. LOL

:puke:SICKO!!!:puke:

:rotflmaoLOL:rotflmaoLOL:rotflmao

I'm going to try and dyno the DPS IP and Stage 1's prior to installing the Moose Injectors..........but, it may have to happen in the parking lot of TS at the rally if I don't get some time prior to July.:mad: Been busy with rally prep, work, garage cleaning/sale, T-case recon for the Rally, getting ready for our Iceland trip, and blah, blah, blah......:D

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online