My Newest Acquisition: 85 F250 4x4

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its really rotten when some puke ebay or craigslist rips people off. Do these ripoff artists thnink it wont come back to get them. Carma is a tuff lesson learned the hard way. I have terrible carma, so the wifey tells me.. I need to send out good carma to get good carma back.... Wow... What more can I send out. I have 11 broken timing meters. Yes, some of those were bought broken off ebay but gees.. Still don't understand creeps ripping off others. A month ago I listed my new 79 YZ250.. When I say new thats what I mean. I rode it maybe 12 to 15 times never racing it or laying it down.. Not one thing wrong with it. The ebay listing was $1000.00 and I would deliever it for fuel cost only but not more than 200 miles one way.. I got some low bids asking for it to be delievered the next day for $800.00. One buyer offered $800.00 because of the age.. Said it was needing main seals because they are dried up and because your in that deep splitting the case may as well replace the piston and bearings... They are worn out too... WTH is that all about... The puke never saw the bike... Never rode the bike... Stupid people are everywhere. Clearly these creeps want something for nothing. I sold the bike for $1200.00 and delivered it about 40 miles away for free. Thats carma going out too... Did I get any good carma back... Really don't care.. I gave away a bike that was perfect in every way.. Really saddened me to let it go too. Even the gear oil was the original oem oil it came with.. It was golden colored and full to where it should have been. I have other bikes to sell off too but I sure as hell wont take a bath on them. I want more shop space. Nothing else is a reason for selling me collection. This time I'm ready for the loballer scumbags that will sure to come calling. Life has a way of returning what we give out... Its just a matter of time.

Michael Dimock

Reaction score
Since I finally got a coolant gauge in the truck I found out that the thermostat wasn't working as it was running around 130*. I always wondered why the heat never seemed to work real well...LOL Changed that out this weekend as well as the front brake pads. Improved the front axle aesthetics by painting the hubs and the locking hub dials black. Never like the faded red (pink!) dials as they have been bugging me for some time. With the addition of the turbo and the engine running at 190* for the first time in who knows how long I got over 20 MPG.;Sweet After having a relay and controller take out a set of glow plugs each, I switched over to manual push button as well. Hopefully that will solve my problems as the $90 each time isn't fun.

Attachments

• HPIM2658.jpg
    HPIM2658.jpg
    963.9 KB · Views: 9
  • HPIM2659.JPG
    HPIM2659.JPG
    880.8 KB · Views: 10
  • HPIM2660.jpg
    HPIM2660.jpg
    848.5 KB · Views: 8

Dzlnut

Reaction score
That truck is one heck of a find....love the slant nose.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I just re read the whole thread to refresh myself, Geez Dieselbrad was still posting at the start of this.LOL I like that front bumper/winch/light assembly.:sly I think I will keep my testicles for myself though.:eek::rolleyes: What size tire did you settle on? I would agree with the poster that recommended 285's...

That is a nice ride, here's to continued good luck with it.:cheers: