My Newest Acquisition: 85 F250 4x4

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
snaponprofile: Thanks!

Next, I yanked the canopy and plastic bedliner off. Both are for sale if anyone is interested. Tossed in my newly acquired toolbox/transfer tank combo that I got off craigslist so I could figure out what I needed to cut out of the tank to make it fit under the toolbox. The transfer pump is enclosed inside the toolbox when it is all assembled.;Sweet A headache rack is in the works to go along with modifying the tank. To go underneath all that I will spray on some bedliner.

W

Why not just space the tool box up with the headache rack mounts, then you dont have to cut the box or tank

Michael Dimock

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I was kinda leaning towards black rims so I think I will go that route when the time comes. Diesel_brad: I thought about it, but after mocking it up in the truck it was just too high... The box lid is already tall and I just don't want it any taller for rear visibilities sake. I'll get the tank cut open and shortened this week. It has a TON of crud in the bottom so I will have a great chance to clean it as well. Just have to scrounge up some rear tailgate latches and hinges so I can get the tailgate installed.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Nice rig;Sweet The truck box looks like a secure one. Black rims all the way:sly Cant wait to see your progress and welcome if I hadn't said it previously.:thumbsup:

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a great looking truck. Should last you a long time. Glad to hear about another person coming to the Binder Bee this year! My dad will soon be aquiring the old ScoutII Racer from Mr. Scout and will be bringing it too the show this year.

Michael Dimock

Reaction score
Started cutting the tank down and damn is it thick! It weighs so much that I figured it was 1/8", but it is 3/16"!:eek: Found a baffle in the center of the tank and had to get creative w/ the torch to cut the top loose... I drained all the diesel and dumped in about 5 gallons of water so I didn't have any fires start during the whole process.LOL The welding and pressure testing will commence tomorrow after work.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• HPIM1849.jpg
    HPIM1849.jpg
    805 KB · Views: 9
  • HPIM1850.jpg
    HPIM1850.jpg
    840 KB · Views: 8
  • HPIM1851.JPG
    HPIM1851.JPG
    956.3 KB · Views: 10

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i to would leave the flairs and just throw on a nicer set of tires. something old school would look great. even leave the stock rims and hubcaps. throw a set of mudkings or the like on it and go!.

Michael Dimock

Reaction score
Ended up cutting out of work early so I could pick up some steel for the headache rack. A Benjamin doesn't go too far these days w/ steel prices! I'll get that built this weekend if it doesn't rain too much. The tank will get put back together tomorrow if all goes well!

Michael Dimock

Reaction score
Spent about half the day today cleaning up and welding my tank back together. Ended up only having three pinholes in my welds and they were a quick fix. Gorilla tape works very well for sealing up holes for pressure testing!;Sweet I also welded on some new tabs to bolt it to the bed as well as some D-rings for tie down points. I will probably have a day and a half invested into shortening/bedlining my tank, but it will be worth it in the end as far as the finished product goes. Ordered up some aluminum diamondplate bedcaps for the truck and will get those put on as soon as they come in. The headache rack will be tomorrows project...

Attachments

• HPIM1852.JPG
    HPIM1852.JPG
    663.5 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM1853.JPG
    HPIM1853.JPG
    786.5 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM1854.jpg
    HPIM1854.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM1855.jpg
    HPIM1855.jpg