My new to me turbo!

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
I was cruising the pick and pull lot by my house, the owner and i are pretty good friends, i asked him about a hypermax turbo in one of the wrecked trucks. (I wouldnt mind having a turbo, hypermax, banks, or ATS, but its alot of money to throw at a 263k motor in my opinion) Well he wouldnt come off of it since its on a new replacement 6.9. We sat there and talked a while and he said, you know what, i think i have another truck i will sell you the turbo off of it. we rode around the junkyard and found the truck. 1994 Superduty 7.3 w/ factory turbo. I could have the turbo and all i wanted off the engine for $200 if i pulled it off, it even has a E4OD so i am going to try and take the auto tranny module, so i can put in mine. I pulled the breather off, Turbine spins freely, has no side play and does not go in and out, has a couple little nicks on it, hope to replace it some day. I have researched all morning on different stuff on OB here, but i was wondering if there was anything that stuck out in your mind about doing the swap that i should know? I am going to the local for dealership and checking on and probably ordering all new gaskets and seals for it.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its going to be a big project but you'll be loving the result when you get everything like you like it. The downpipe is flattened on the factory turbo which will help you with firewall clearnace which is good....see my other posts about my problems with this, but bad because it will reduce your performance, you could always buy a Banks downpipe or a new 3" pipe from ATS. It would be better if you had a slight lift and even better still if the cab mounts and motor mounts were in excellent condition. Have fun and take your time,
JD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online