My new and improved air intake

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
NO. your stock air filter has more surface area then the one he used so you would be getting more air flow and if you have all the stock intake duck work you are getting COLD fresh air from behind the grill. If you want to mod anything just put in a cleanable air filter of your choice

Factory anything sucks. The truck will never meet its full potential with all that restrictive factory junk. I say build it as much as you can if you know what your doin.:sly

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Factory anything sucks. The truck will never meet its full potential with all that restrictive factory junk. I say build it as much as you can if you know what your doin.:sly

Your block is factory.......just saying! LOL

My intake had the worst of both worlds, baffle plate and soup bowl...both are now gone and I couldn't be happier. The truck certainly seems to have more power...but the turbo will change that soon :sly

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score

Well a factory air filter has more surface area than the cone filter you are using so the factory filter has more air flow. And the factory plumbing brings in cold air where yours brings in hot. So the factory setup is better in my eyes.
All the factory set up needs is a soup bowl removed or the restrictor plate removed. And just add a cleanable air filter

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've seen a lot of guys who thought they knew what they were doin, go out and take something that was bone stock and do lots of things that reduced the performance of their setup, sometimes completely ruining their investment in the process. This doesn't pertain just to trucks or engines, but to just about anything that guys get into. Just because it's custom, doesn't mean it's good. Give me a stock 1911 over a custom rig any day :)

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
Your block is factory.......just saying! LOL

My intake had the worst of both worlds, baffle plate and soup bowl...both are now gone and I couldn't be happier. The truck certainly seems to have more power...but the turbo will change that soon :sly

Lol if i could do something to the block without emptying my piggy bank i wouldLOL I'm gettin a turbo pretty soon too

wayne242

Reaction score
Nice set up, i need to do someting with mine (I'm missing the plastic tube coming out of air intake)

P.S: snicklas your avator almost gave me a heart attack :puke:

Last edited:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
P.S: snicklas your avator almost gave me a heart attack :puke:

Wayne, The reason that I took the picture was not the price but the name of the product.

This is not a doctored photo. I took that picture on a trip to North Carolina. I drove by and say that sign. On the way back I pulled into the lot and took the picture. They have since fixed the sign.....

Unforuatly, around here the price is not far from that. The local station are running 3.05 to 3.15 a gallon.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Wayne, The reason that I took the picture was not the price but the name of the product.

This is not a doctored photo. I took that picture on a trip to North Carolina. I drove by and say that sign. On the way back I pulled into the lot and took the picture. They have since fixed the sign.....

Unforuatly, around here the price is not far from that. The local station are running 3.05 to 3.15 a gallon.

what was it year before last about this time fuel was almost 5 dollars a gallon here

wayne242

Reaction score
I live just down the road from a fuel station (can see prices from my back yard). It as been idling around 2.50 to 2.80. Its at 2.79 this afternoon, diesel is probable 3.05. So there starting to jump back in the $3 mark here again and this is no big city.

94 non stroker

Reaction score
any one have pics of the restrictor plate and soup bowl? im thinking mine is gone. but not for sure when i bought the truck it had a fresh jasper rebuilt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online