My long overdue "Thank You" post

pafixitman

Reaction score
Here is the short version of the latest saga of my truck:
Replaced t-stat housing gasket, tightened up two fuel lines, found dead cell in battery. Swapped batteries and drove off!!!! Small oil leak at the front of the pan and an injector ticks on occasion. Timing seems to be close, but a tad off according to the "butt-o-meter" but then again it has been 4 months. Found a bad valve stem on one of my back tires also. Put about 25 miles on her today.

Many, many thanks to all on this board and special thanks to:
Agnem, Exiekiel69, Squirreltow, 160k87F250, Ericboutin, Freight_train for the parts and wrench turning. Geo, apextrans, hoods_hauler for answering the phone. icanfixall for the mental and emotional support. November is my favorite month and the 18th has carried special meaning for (almost 17 years!) me. (1st date w/ my now wife was 1/18, anniv. is 9/18)

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 8
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 11
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 18
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 29
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 17

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
WOOHOO! Way to go Joe!:thumbsup:

Surely you had some Willie jammin "On the road again" :D

Congrats and enjoy the the music.....You've earned it.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!!!

It's been over 2 years now, but I know the feeling...you're lucky you were able to take pics ;Sweet

Quit posting and go on a drive! :D

pafixitman

Reaction score
Quit posting and go on a drive! :D

I just did. I feel like a freakin' teenager, driving for the sake of driving. Well almost. The MIL called "Why did you leave the door to your tool trailer wide open?" :eek: ***? It was closed when I left the last time. "Steph, I will not sleep tonight if I don't go check this out." :D Thank the Lord that nothing was out of place, but the door was unlocked and open. :confused: Locked it up and drove back home. Nice 45 mile round trip...in the truck!:thumbsup:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
:cheers: Joe :thumbsup: Only possible in The BROTHERHOOD :D

Kinda like driving a new truck after the downtime.....been there---had that done to me LOL

Now put her to work!....{the truck...not Steph:angel: } and congrats on the aniversary ;Sweet

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Joe,
Congrats, It's about time!!:D Glad everyting worked out. Now you can get all those side jobs done;Sweet
John

P.S. Still want to buy my truck????

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I really know the feeling. The smile that just wont go away. The simple satisfaction of a job well down. Thanks for thinking I did something. I really feel you and your "crew" are the heros on this task. Drive it like you want and listen to the sounds. Aren't they great sounds though....:D

pafixitman

Reaction score
YOUR WELCOME!.....Oh thats right, I didn't do squat,.oh well,

That turbo whistle would not exist if not for you...and "The Dog" being broke... and Mel calling me and...

Still have the leak that seems to be at the front of the oil pan. All odd "ticks" are gone. seems to be running great. Oil pressure is good (35), blow by is nothing like it was (I guess that should have been a hint :confused: )

Gave her the first tank of ULS fuel. Hopefully no new leaks crop up! I have about 200 miles on it now. Man, this grin is better than when I got the turbo! Geo, you are right. This would not have happened if this brotherhood was not here.Can't drive her tomorrow. I need to drop off the Exploder at the body shop in the am.:mad:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe, you've graduated at the top of your class. I can't recal a sucess story frought with the level of complications and difficulty you had to endure. Surely there are others, but unlike some that I read, there was never a doubt in any of our minds that you couldn't pull this off. You now have expertise that exceeds my own. :hail The grass paper has no wrinkles.