my junkyard steal of the year

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
Never seen one before in a junkyard and probably never will again, but I got a 4.10 kingpin d60 out of an 87 for $150 :thumbsup: its complete, all I need to run it is a 6" drop bracket for the track bar, a front driveshaft, and F350 badges :sly and I didn't have to touch it, $150 was them pulling it out, all I did was back up the truck to it. would've taken the rear too but it was open

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
You could buy parts there and not haggle for the rest of your life and still be ahead!!

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never seen one before in a junkyard and probably never will again, but I got a 4.10 kingpin d60 out of an 87 for $150 :thumbsup: its complete, all I need to run it is a 6" drop bracket for the track bar, a front driveshaft, and F350 badges :sly and I didn't have to touch it, $150 was them pulling it out, all I did was back up the truck to it. would've taken the rear too but it was open[/QUOT
:flipa-Drool you lucky dog

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
haha thanks guys.

That truck was unique for sure. In the rear it had 8 leaf springs like an F superduty and factory rivets in beefy hangers! I put F SD rear springs in mine and it had the same large bolts. But this was in an 87 extended cab long bed n/a idi.. Someone took the fender badges already so I couldn't tell what exactly it was. I do know the 60 front was out of an 88.5-91.5 judging by the bom

And the junkyard is in St. Louis, its called Taylors. 150 for any axle.

tom37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW, great deal for you, bad deal for me.

What part of Missouri are ya in, I'm in need of a few parts LOL like the d 60 but its gone.

I'm courious what yard you went to.

BTW Congrats on the steal.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
thanks man! i'm down in the cape girardeau area. It's up in St. Louis, every couple months I go up there to Riverside, Pick n Pull, Taylors, and Speedway. Taylors usually has a lot of 80s-90s trucks.

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a hookup! The axle gods were smiling on you for that purchase.........just proof positive that deals like this can be had if one is patient and keeps their eyes peeled! Congrats! When are you putting it in?

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
wow what a steal, i wish my luck was that good, but when i go to my local pick and pull billy has already gotten all the good stuff.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Good deal. Just make sure when you get a front driveshaft you also get the front yolk off the t-case otherwise you cant use the F350 driveshaft. Also you need a 1356 front t-case yolk. One from a 4407(96/97) will not work.

I have a 4" track bar drop bracket i am not using if you are interested