rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are some of the tools my father and uncle left me

You must be registered for see images attach

There is three diesel timing systems
1 Snap on Lumy/mag II
2 Snap on MT480

The rest is gaser stuff I no how to use. But the lumy and the MT480. I haven't got a clue. Does anyone have any documentation on these. they are willing to share.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Just want to say i hate you more then you will ever know!

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Where's the love brothers.:confused::***:

They are teasing. You've got some very expensive tools there many would like but can't afford (or find). Not only could you time 6.9 and 7.3 engines, but I bet a lot of the legacy engines that **** off the great state of crapafornia and the epa... Translation: open a shop! :D

If I could help, I would. But I have no idea how to use any of that. Good luck!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary.....OH Gary......LOL

I'd suggest confirming that you have the equipment for LUMI to test Cetane of fuel because without testing Cetane, you cannot accurately time an engine with LUMI method...SO I hear!!!!

Not sure on rest if they are line clamp and mag probe or not. I'll ask my friend who's got some broken Snap-On setup if he has an instruction booklet and scan it if he does!

Nice looking group there Kudos to ya.

Ya open or offer to time for a fee...I charge 40 bucks locally! However that's likely going to be damn near double soon enough!

Al

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember everything. My dad didn't own a diesel but I would help him at the shop some times working on them. I no that you pull the glow plug on one of the cylinders. (I think it was # 1) then you screw in the little glass tub fixture and connect the mt480 or the lumy to it. Then the magnetic pick up goes some where done by the front timing mark. I no it has to be a give distance away from the timing mark to be accurate. It would be allot easier with a manual. But I'll figure it out I guess. If nothing by trail and error.

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
79jasper Thank you for the manual young man. But what does the DIESEL FUEL HYDROMETER-COMBO do.

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any one no how accurate this is? If it accurate then I'm all over that!