My first filtration rig... wmo processor

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got time to mount my fuel cell in my Tahoe... its a 20 gallon aluminum cell with a 2" sump from summit racing... came with a 0-90ohm sending unit, dual -8 outlets, -8 vent and return. Hopefully will scratch up the funds to order about 25' of -8 an line this week and get it plumbed... so ready to get to run my fuel again!

You must be registered for see images attach

Ive got quite a bit left to get done on the truck this week while I'm on vacation from work... hopefully I'll get it all finished up.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol... It'll be getting a full skid plate... 1/4" at least which will cover everything including the sump area and fittings.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I had the time, and care to dedicate to my stuff, I always go the good enough route when it's something I am building for myself. I'll be spending some more time on my setup soon, I just spent the last two afternoons welding and grinding on a 500 Gal propane tank. Finally passed the 20PSI bubble test, only to discover that the 2" fitting I had just welding to the bottom of the tank had galled threads after I removed the 2" plug. Hopefully when I install my fitting it'll seal, otherwise I'll have to get the torch out and cut the fitting off and start all over..........

Making a 500Gal super sucker the tank will be mounted on an axle and have it's own engine for suction and pressure. I acquired a 60CFM Gast industrial vacuum pump that will drank the 500 gal tank down to 25"hg in about two minutes. Going to add a small compressor for it pressure side if the Gast exhaust isn't usable as a pressure source.

I have been using a 100Gal super sucker and love it, but I often need to pick up more than 100Gal.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another reason I wish I had a truck or trailer at least... cant fit much more then a 55 gallon drum in an suv.

As far as the fitting goes, I'd say a heavy dose of rtv (as Ive found... pipe dope and oil don't get along...) should seal up the threads fine I'd say... hopefully anyways.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Dude" that looks awesome;Sweet;Sweet (CA surfer voice off)

Seriously that looks really good. ;Sweet
Hmmm, a person could almost make more of those and sell em to other members of a message board on this inter web thing....:D

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
I like the tank, but my truck come stock with dual tanks, which has been more than awesome for this experiment. I'm working on getting a mercedes with the OM617 I5 diesel in it soon, so I will be hopefully getting a dual tank setup for that.