My crew cab 4x4 diesel zf swap, short bed swap has begun.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I got the half ton version of your Crew cab :D

And I had the same problem with the front of the bed sitting on the fuel tank. So on mine, since it's staying like this, I putted some pieces of 2x4's on top of the tank, inbetween the cross members to lower the tank to the box cross member clears the tank.

You must be registered for see images attach

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score

And I had the same problem with the front of the bed sitting on the fuel tank. So on mine, since it's staying like this, I putted some pieces of 2x4's on top of the tank, inbetween the cross members to lower the tank to the box cross member clears the tank.

I have a new diesel tank and straps to replace that front gasser tank. I will see how the new tank fits. The new tank has a flatter top. But I may need to go with your mod.

The rear tank sender is getting modded.

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the direction you're going in with this. It really sucks that the only years that you could get a ccsb set up was 95-97 and only in an f250 chassis. Who's truck is that primered gray one with the black wheels? I really really dig that truck. Looks to be a bricknose cap with 84-85 cab. Wasn't it only 84-85 that had that partition in the rear door glass? Anyone know the reasoning behind this? It's something I've always wondered.....

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
I am not sure whos truck this is but it sure is cool. Someone here must know.

I also like this one (below) but it would be alot more work. I have no idea who owns this truck either. :dunno

I am not sure what year they stopped the partition in the rear door glass. My rig is a late '86 and has it.

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must have been 86 when they quit the partition. I've never seen a factory bricknose crew cab with the partition and they started in 87.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to see the ol' Moose Tail wheels and spares going for a good use. ;Sweet

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score

It needs a mini I pack:rotflmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US