My 92 7.3

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got rid of my 02' F150 because I really needed better gas mileage and tork on the tow and I bought me a 92' F250 EXCAB 4x4 A/O fully automatic, 35" BFG's M/T, M/T classic II rims and I'm lovin it. I didn't wast any time and pulled the TTB out and converted to F350 High Pinion D60. I'm now looking at installing Banks Sidewinder Turbo and 4" exhaust. My 1st Diesel. Mabey yall can give me some pointers. Hope yall like it.

You must be registered for see images

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
OOPPPS my bad just went by the name. Still nice truck even for a left coaster :)

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm from Texas. I just live in Napa, Ca, but I really like it and good steady work. Thats where the name TEX comes from and CRAWLER comes from my rock crawler.

That when I was on 35" Boggers

Now I'm on 38" TSL SX's

Last edited:

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir guys and gals I am now F350 1 TON. The Twin I/Beem didn't last long, and it locked up on me. I did my D60 conversion this past weekend.

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to get some info on alternative fuels for for my truck, But will they still run good with the Banks sidewinder turbo????

CGriffith

Town Drunk
Reaction score
Nice truck! I didn't know they went to the newer front end style in 92. Is that the first year? Also is it just me or are the body lines between the cab and bed way mismatched? You might look at the body bushings. For what your going to spend on a banks turbo I'd look for an used cummins. Being a handy guy you could convert that thing and have a lot more power potential. Just a thought :eek:

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh 92 was the 1st year for this body style. and I've been looking into the cummins also. I'll check out them body mounts but it was also on uneven ground

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Boy she shore is purdy...

Now for your alt fuels question...

YES you can use alt fuel even with the turbo - infact the turbo will make no difference what so ever on the use of alt fuels.