my 85 turbo diesel van pix w/vid!

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the last of the stuff done for her.....

and some vid...

its a banks sidewinder kit specifially for the van...and its an improvement!!!

9psi of boost is the most I've seen....sofar...and my EGT's are all under 800..(no towin yet)...

its got the crankcase vent plumbed into the exhaust so im not venting and dripping on the ground...3in from the turbo to the bend along the frame...4in straightpipe all the rest of the way...not too loud cruisin..but deffinitly lets ya know its a beast when ya push the throttle!!

vid..

You must be registered for see images attach

me adjustin rear brakes...(thanks honey!! :p )

6 1/2ft of 4in!!

crankcase vent into exhaust

15lbs of crap in a 5lb bag!!

turbo goin in in jan...(spent 5 months not working on anything...saving my marriage was more importat!!)

turbos in there somewhere!!

gauges...(temp not installed yet its layin in the console tray)....round ones on right are oil press and boost...square one to the right of stereo is pyro..

Last edited:

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, it sounds awesome. I am normally not a van fan, but yours is alright. I think I don't like vans, because when I worked at the university motor pool (while I was at school there) I learned to hate seing one being on the wash list. Those vans were always such a mess and you could never get them clean enough to suite the Aholes.

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, it sounds awesome. I am normally not a van fan, but yours is alright. I think I don't like vans, because when I worked at the university motor pool (while I was at school there) I learned to hate seing one being on the wash list. Those vans were always such a mess and you could never get them clean enough to suite the Aholes.

she's a PITA to keep clean...and lemme tell ya...DO NOT USE mothers wax if you want it to look good...took me a YEAR to get it cleaned up after the 8hr fiasco of waxing it!!..(and streaks and powder everywhere!!)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online