My 6.9 is almost ready

mainiac

Reaction score
The machine shop is done with the block, crank and heads.
All I have left to buy is my injectors and glow plugs, and decide to cdr or not.
Where do I get the German made Beru's?
G code injectors, as I'm turbo'd.

Should I go with the Road draft tube?
My turbo and air cleaner housing don't have very good cdr provisions and I'm sick of the slobber going into my fins. Or do I not need to worry about a new engine blowing too much?

Is the banks rdt adapter still available?

Thanks, Mike

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get the Berus at Autozone. The G code injs. arent really necessary, and the consensus here is that they may not help performance that much. I'd get a matched set of new, not rebuilt and wouldn't worry about the letter code, provided they're all the same. The RDT attachment is still avaliable from Banks, but Huff doesn't(or at least didn't) still carry them, but they can be directly ordered from banks. RDT, its your call, no real consensus here. With a brand new engine the blowby shouldn't be too big of a deal, but if you live in an area witha lot of tree huggers, you might get some unwanted attention. Congrats on the build...sounds liek a great project!
J.D.

mainiac

Reaction score
That's cool about the Beru's and the cdr.

I missed a set of new stanadyne's on ebay, don't see them too much.
What brands of injectors are of good quality?
I poked around DPS's website, but they don't look like anything I would need.

Thanks again!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the injector brands are OK. It's the reliability of the rebuild you should worry about. Lucas rebuilds are good in my book.