MT1480 and other Red gizmos

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,I out bid anyone else on Evil bay for a MT1480 Timing meter.Hope it shows up today or tomorrow.Problem is I don't think it has a manual with it.Does anyone know where i might be able to find one?Also,is the MT160 the right hicky to make this thing work with a 7.3L?Currently have the high bid....only bid actually.....on the new in pack one also on evil bay.Also placed a bid on a MT161.....don't know why but figured I might use it some day......but not on anything I will own.....YUCK,6.2L driptroit.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freight, I have a manual I could scan for you.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
If you don't mind please do...I might still get a surpise and it come wiht a manual but there wasn't one listed on the auction or in the pictures.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
highest_vision said:
Also p/n 95-19-34 for the pulse adapter, if you want to try that. Snap on may still have manuals available, tool dude got me one for free :) :)
James

Funny you should mention this.Contacted Snap on about purchasing one and they are sending me a new one free.....Sweet!I might have to dump my Craftsman stuff and go with all Snap on tool......Nah,Easier to drive 3 miles and swap broken craftsman stuff than track down a Rolling Snap on store.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get an optical Pickup assembly (MT1480-200) other than from Snap on?This one is setup for a Gasser with inductive pickup assembly(oh well,It has a higher price tag and I can use it).Also,which of the othe hickies will I need for the Harmonic Balancer?The Parts list shows 2 but neither is on the list.One shows a screw driver handle of sorts the other is the one is like the one that came with my meter and is about the size of a pencil and 2 or 3" long with a nice long cord.has a pring thingy around it so it fits into a holder of some sort.

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
The one you got should work, but it may be a little more difficult to use. Maybe insert it from underneath rather than topside? Just make sure that cord doesn't get relieved of its duties!!! That pickup may actually be easier to use on models with v belts.
Good Luck
James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online