Motorcraft ZD1A glow plugs

Black dawg

Reaction score
Just to be clear, the bosch 80034 by application is for the 6.2 and 6.5 diesel, and has a spade connector.
They are the only glow plug I have not seen fail yet.

None of the plugs by application for the 6.9 7.3 are even worth using, unless using the factory controller set up with beru plugs. Even then, the buru plugs are not holding up like they used to, but they are by far the best option if you are going to use the factory controller.

Ronw435

Reaction score
I did check all the ZD1As and they said Beru on them. None looked bad at all but they were dead.
I have no one around to play with the button so i doubt that is it. I am going to check each one before i put it in on the Delphi's.

I guess I need to buy a timing device to make sure it is timed right. I put a new (rebuilt) IP and (rebuilt) injectors from CDD. The truck starts and runs great after a small spray of starting fluid. And I mean about a one second spray!

I did buy them from Rockauto. But since I only use the truck for gravel hauling and snow plowing they dont have much time on them at all.

Thanks for the reply's

danno

Reaction score
SO did we determine that there is a bullet style Bosch? I have just burned out a set of BERU ZD9s after a couple months of use. Maybe 20 starts total.

Black dawg

Reaction score
SO did we determine that there is a bullet style Bosch? I have just burned out a set of BERU ZD9s after a couple months of use. Maybe 20 starts total.
THere is a bullet style bosch, for the 7.3 application, but they are JUNK.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726