Motivation dwindling on would be project!!!

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Just for a little reference, i had my 93 completly redone body wise about 6 years ago. I hit a tree wheelin and smashed the bedside in (that ended my wheelin days with it). to do a complete repaint on the outside (door jams, doors or bed inside were not done) and i also used pearl metallic factory ford colors. the total cost for a new bedside, labor for install, paint, labor for paint plus a few misc was close to $3500. That was removing everything (i did most myself and installed most myself). It turned out great and i was more than willing to pay that.

now my truck is a RCLB so its smaller than urs, plus i helped with some prep and the shop owner is a friend so my cost was cut down a little but its still expensive to do right but worth it.
You must be registered for see images attach

i also did a mild overhaul of another engine (gaskets, water pump, hi-po cam, headers, etc), rebuilt the transmission, swapped in a solid axle and a few more misc things...and i have close to 12-13 grand wrapped up including purchase price. was it worth it? definatly. i have an almost new truck but half the price of a new one and i know what was done and had it since i was 16 (now 25). Sadly, it needs more body work...the winters and ******* drivers took its toll so i figure another 3-4 grand to bring it back to where it was. Also going to have the door jams, and doors done this time so its right...i didnt have the cash last time around.

Can you do us all a favor and get some new headlights on that thing? Such a waste to have such a nice truck and then have those raggidy foggy headlights :puke:

94F350Fred

Reaction score
just shoot me a pm. Im north of you in Deltona.

I tried to PM you about any mini meets and this is what I got "gonecrazyi has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space". Thought I let you know incase you are reading this thread. Will give you a call.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I pass a big sign on the side of a body-shop occasionally that says in HUGE letters "WE WILL PAINT ANY CAR ANY COLOR $100 INCLUDING PAINT"

Lately, the $100 has been whited over and changed to $200.

This sign and shop has been there for many years and their work looks as good as any factory job.

They get a ton of business from used car dealers. :)

Good paint alone costs more than that, lets see how long it holds up! The company I used to work for specialized in painting bathtubs, curent price is around $500

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Yeah j can't understand those costs on paint. I get shop rates and depending on the cold its upward of $100/ gallon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online