More issues...

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so trucks finally back on the road and I have more issues.
For Christmas I got a 2 in lift for my truck. Put the new springs and shocks in truck sat EXATLY the same. I'm pretty sure they sent me the wrong springs. There not much taller than the stockers and were defiantly thinner than stock.
And now that I'm driving the truck the frog end is actually sitting lower and lower as I drive. I can hardly turn out a parking lot or a turn in a neighborhood. Not sure if it's just tires rubing or a power steering pump. Because it dose make alot of noise besides just the sound of tire rub.

Two I've developed a nasty fuel leak.
It's coming from the rear of the engine. So I'm thinking it's the block drain in the back of the valley pan. Injector caps SEEM like there not leaking. I'm scared it's the ip leaking.

Suggestions on both this issues are MUCH appreciated.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention. The more I turnthe wheel an the closer it gets to full lock the more of a grinding noise I get.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The springs certainly sound wrong. They should be the same width as the stock springs. They can dance around on the spring block between the u-bolts. Not good. If they are moving, that could be binding the steering up. Hard to know without looking at it. Any photos?

The fuel leak. You gotta clean all the fuel off the valley pan that you can. Get it as dry as possible. Put some dry shop towel on the valley pan, under the IP and intake. Let it idle for a bit. You should be able to see any new wet spots on the towels before long and that will help you find the source. The weep hole in the IP is on the bottom near the front. I've seen guys suggest using baby powder instead of shop towels as well.

Heath

gatorman21218

Reaction score
You sure its not a return line? #7 and #8 cross over in the back and run on back to the tank.

Describe "nasty". A return line can dump a lot of fuel in a hurry. My old IP did weep. But its wasnt all that much coming out of it.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The springs certainly sound wrong. They should be the same width as the stock springs. They can dance around on the spring block between the u-bolts. Not good. If they are moving, that could be binding the steering up. Hard to know without looking at it. Any photos?

The fuel leak. You gotta clean all the fuel off the valley pan that you can. Get it as dry as possible. Put some dry shop towel on the valley pan, under the IP and intake. Let it idle for a bit. You should be able to see any new wet spots on the towels before long and that will help you find the source. The weep hole in the IP is on the bottom near the front. I've seen guys suggest using baby powder instead of shop towels as well.

Heath

I'll take pictures after class tommorw.
I'm 2wd by the way. Talking about coil springs.

I stuck some rags there when I got home from school today. I'll check it when I get to school tommorw.

Gatorman. By nasty I mean it literally does look like somebody peing. It just dumps fuel.
And no I'm not 100% it's not a return line but pretty sure it's not.
Maybe the crossover from 7 and 8 injectors has a hole in it?

gatorman21218

Reaction score
If its peeing fuel I would place money on a return line. I once knocked off a return line putting the air cleaner back on. wooo buddy. So thats where I would start.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its peeing fuel I would place money on a return line. I once knocked off a return line putting the air cleaner back on. wooo buddy. So thats where I would start.

Gonna double check today.
I'm starting to think the leak was here before hand just diner know it because that back drain hole was blocked.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris I agree with what Jim says. It's that crossover return, where it plugs into the main return back to the tank, or at least that has ha[[ened to me 2 or 3 times after "surgery" on the truck. It makes a leak that can be observed "peeing" as you say. A weep hole IP leak is more of a drip that slowly fills the valley pan with diesel and makes a mess if it works like it's supposed to. On older pumps with no weephole or any truck with a malfunctioning one, it puts a few extra quarts of fuel into your oil pan. I think this is minor and easily solvable. I have no clue on the lift stuff.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris I agree with what Jim says. It's that crossover return, where it plugs into the main return back to the tank, or at least that has ha[[ened to me 2 or 3 times after "surgery" on the truck. It makes a leak that can be observed "peeing" as you say. A weep hole IP leak is more of a drip that slowly fills the valley pan with diesel and makes a mess if it works like it's supposed to. On older pumps with no weephole or any truck with a malfunctioning one, it puts a few extra quarts of fuel into your oil pan. I think this is minor and easily solvable. I have no clue on the lift stuff.

Ok. I have a few feet of hose so ill replace that.
And thanks for the info about he weep hole on the ip. Makes me feel better k owing it's not that.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like they sent you f150 leveling springs.

My thoughts exatly.
When I called skyjacker they said they knew nothing of this kit for a 2wd f250.
Only for the 150.
I ordered the kit from 4 wheel parts.

Does anybody know if the spring setup is the same on a 150? Ivan get some spacers for a 150 pretty cheap but pretty sure they wont fit.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I have seen a lift for the 2wd trucks, just dont remember the brand. I would take a screenshot of what you purchased from 4 wheel parts, and then call them telling them you ordered springs for a F250 and got F150 springs instead. I would want a full return if I were you.

I wouldnt space the springs, they are meant for a lighter weight front end, and will probably wear out faster due to the extra weight.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen a lift for the 2wd trucks, just dont remember the brand. I would take a screenshot of what you purchased from 4 wheel parts, and then call them telling them you ordered springs for a F250 and got F150 springs instead. I would want a full return if I were you.

I wouldnt space the springs, they are meant for a lighter weight front end, and will probably wear out faster due to the extra weight.

I know fabtech makes one(well atleast use too)
I'll give them call. Last time I called they were closed for something or another.

True. But my plan was if the spacers made my steering issues go away I'd positive it's just the fact these arethe wrong springs. And not a power steering pump going at the same time.
The only reason I think it's not just the springs is because o the grinding noise it gets too.