More e4od problems...

retiredinhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have family in Naples and will be dropping off the pickup in dec/jan depends when the corn is ripe.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.oilburners.net/media/e4od-test-port-use-this-for-temp-sender.14/

full

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Inova 3145 scanner, it stores them until you power it up connected, then it auto clears.

The ECM should still store the codes unless you've cleared them and left the scanner hooked up and it automatically cleared them the next time you started it.

I'm not sure but I believe your speedo, trans and RABS are the only things that are controlled by the VSS. I would guess that the cruise control is vacuum operated like mine is and would surge with a bouncing speedo to maintain speed, but not totally stop working. There is a possibility that the cruise gets cut off if the OD light flashes a trouble code but again I'm speculating.

I'd check the connections, fuses and the vacuum line and start there. Hate to say it but a quick stop at a transmission shop may be best.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
92+ are electric and not vacuum operated like the older trucks. Not sure if that changes anything with the signals but just an fyi.

The ECM should still store the codes unless you've cleared them and left the scanner hooked up and it automatically cleared them the next time you started it.

I'm not sure but I believe your speedo, trans and RABS are the only things that are controlled by the VSS. I would guess that the cruise control is vacuum operated like mine is and would surge with a bouncing speedo to maintain speed, but not totally stop working. There is a possibility that the cruise gets cut off if the OD light flashes a trouble code but again I'm speculating.

I'd check the connections, fuses and the vacuum line and start there. Hate to say it but a quick stop at a transmission shop may be best.
@chillman88 beat me to it, but no vacuum control on the OBS cruise.
Regarding the codes, I'm sure the ecm may store them, but to be able to drive w/o being in limp mode, I had to clear them by disconnecting the batteries...

Last edited:

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 92 cruise control has a vacuum line.

I don't have the truck here, so I can't take a better picture right now.

I have put a green line on the vac hose that goes to the cruise control. The line starts at the TEE. and goes past the washer tank and overflow. Up, and around, to the cruise control.

You must be registered for see images attach

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 92 cruise control has a vacuum line.

I don't have the truck here, so I can't take a better picture right now.

I have put a green line on the vac hose that goes to the cruise control. The line starts at the TEE. and goes past the washer tank and overflow. Up, and around, to the cruise control.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks Friend! However, the cruise control system on the OBS is different than the Brick nose. It's all electronic, no vacuum.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a single incident where I've had lockup problems with my 93 E4od.

It was related to the trans solenoid connector plug. Maybe you've already checked that but if not make sure it's connected properly and all the terminals are clean.

If that's not it I'll let the more knowldegable help on this one.