Moose Stang enters service!

TimMiller

Reaction score
Put a flow master muffler on it. It'll give it a mean tone. A friend of mine has a flow master on his, he bought it that way. By the way, very nice work.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mel-
as far as the conversion goes, if you did something like yours in Kalifornia, you'd be in jail right now. In the eyes of the treehuggers around here, you have seriously tampered with a pollution controlled vehicle and turned it into a "gross polluter" .....just food for thought :D
Oh yea, check your mail. It went out today. I am starting to pull out of my funk that I have been in this last two months without the help of meds.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Yep in PA basicly if it don't come from the factory like that, it won't pass inspection. I figured you would have did the research on that Mel?

deezlwex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep in PA basicly if it don't come from the factory like that, it won't pass inspection. I figured you would have did the research on that Mel?

Yep, I second that. Congrats Mel, but....I had been wondering about this all along.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Hey Mel,
Your Bronco only needs a gas cap test and a visual inspection. I could have put my super dark welding goggles on and it would of passed the visual ;Sweet ;Sweet . Looks like a gas motor to me :rotflmao :rotflmao

What your doing, now, is getting a reconstructed title. This is reserved for totaled vehicles that are rebuilt. It is a PITA to fill out all the paperwork. Good luck.

Technically, you do need mufflers to pass inspection. Don't know how I passed?! :draw But that should be easy to work around.
John

pafixitman

Reaction score
160k87F250 said:
What your doing, now, is getting a reconstructed title. This is reserved for totaled vehicles that are rebuilt. It is a PITA to fill out all the paperwork. Good luck.

Actually it is a modified "M" title, not a "R"...but who cares.

Hey Mel, this is the same crap I need to do for the trailer! :backoff :backoff :backoff -cuss -cuss

Last edited:

aaklingler

Reaction score
For my 89 I'm planning on using the title from the gas, 2x4 donor truck and no "m" title and my inspection guy will pass it because diesel are exempt. And yes it is supposed have mufflers to be inspected.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Mel,

It's good to hear you got her pretty much wrapped up.

Now for the "fun" that your going through with the regs... Here in Indiana they pretty much take this stance... If your willing to pay the registration/plate fee and you feel the vehicle is safe then have fun enjoy yourself...

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy Crap!! :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: Ya'll can't modify your bathrooms, you can't build an awesome Moosestang. Like a frickin communist country up there!! :rolleyes: LOL
I got nothin for the filler tank mod but to get around all that dad gum paperwork move down here!! Then you'll live nice and close so you can help me with my truck!! :thumbsup:

Great job anyway, I'm like was said above very jealous!!! :hail ;Sweet

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Mel the work you've done is impressive. Now about the reg issue, well many offered you way to go around it, some just cheat it I have the feeling beeing the kind of person you are you'll provably will go ahead and go trough all that bureaucracy so you'll have it the right way. Law not allways mean fair neither justice.

Real good project and great looking truck. :thumbsup:

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
GOD I LOVE BAMA!Down here they don't inspect,they don't test,they don't do ANYTHING unless it is an out of state vehicle getting a bama Title for the first time(Which I still ain't done for the Enterprise!).In that case a cop has to look at the Bill of sale and old title and match the Vin to the truck....that's it.Anything goes down here.Gotta Love Rednecks!

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
sorry it took so long to reply, Mel...
really glad she's deemed roadworthy by the powers that be (i knew you'd do it all right ;Sweet ), & i hope the reg process doesn't prove to be too costly or ulcer inducing. can't speak to VA laws about the swap, but i know that there is no state ordinance that says i have to have mufflers to pass the state inspection. we do not get sniffed down here (yet) like Northern VA. the possible downside is that i could very well be cited for local noise ordinances - but have never even been looked at cookoo
On the way home, now with the certainty of a constant fuel supply, I put my foot into it some. My golly, I don't know how you streight pipe guys get used to this. I feel like I'm wearing a sign on my back that says kick me. Does sound hellashisly cool, but just a little to large a footprint on the radar screen if you ask me.
yeah, she does let you know she's there, huh?
yes - Ron can attest to how obnoxious the straight 3's are...
Mel, i'd guess that dumping the exhaust right outside your doors doesn't help, either :rolleyes:
i loved the straights at first. got tired of them rather quickly & then learned right away to control them... i'ved liked them again for the year + i've had them, but would like to tame them a touch... they're mellow at 2k empty, but ungodly under any kind of load or with a TravisFoot (i guess you learned that, huh? :eek: )
I'm very interested in how you plumbed the pipes, Mel, so pics would be cool... if you remember, i want to do sidepipes myself. i think everyone has seen my chop-job, but when ido it right, i'd like to squeeze in some mufflers. i can't see spending the big money for the internal jobs, though...

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Mel,

Great to hear it's road worthy!! I'm glad the tires worked out well. If you get the cupping out of the 2, it'll quiet them down a little.

Did you think about going thru a Tag & title Co. up there. I don't know if you have those types of places in PA, but down here there are businesses that work closely with DMV to get stuff like this done for a fee. The one down here is Terry's Tag & Title. Maybe there's something of the sort up there?

Oh, don't give those rims away while scrapping out the leftovers. I got a buddy who wants them whenever they come home. No hurry though.