Mitsu starter

ne buckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the starter on, cranked it and it works fine. I did not add any shimes, and it sounds fine. We will see how long it lasts. One good thing though it is easier to put on than the old one, Its shorter

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
88beast

quote ;now for the nipo unit (no nose one)
a starter guy i talked to in my area said this
the nipo unit is not designed for these trucks and has never been used in a stock app on these motors it sits to close to the block and over heats
also has a lower speed than the mitsu one which will make hard starts harder
plus the depth the drive gear goes is 1/4 inch too far so if you do go with it shim it outquote:

Never heard that before. We used the ND as THE problem solver on all applications. I have 50k on mine with zero problems and it does not ever not crank, and my engine has been near 240 more than once, and had to start. So I am calling BS on that one.

It is possible that the ones he used were an industrial app which is clocked different, that I have seen.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the problem with the nd units is their almost universal app where in the cheap autoparts rebuild centers they will mix and match parts from different units to make a working unit

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
nice, glad you are happy with it.

another dirty little secret on the limited lifetime warrenty is they run out after 3 years. found that out on a VW half shaft, they say after that time it is natural wear and not a defent in workmanship.

honestly it depends more on who is behind the counter and how well you know them.

it usually really does not pay to get chain store starter, alternators and electrical swithes of any sort. go to a better place for them, mom and pop places may cost more but you are far less likely to be pulling parts from the side of the road.

this is coming from a guy who used to work at a parts store.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score

another dirty little secret on the limited lifetime warrenty is they run out after 3 years. found that out on a VW half shaft, they say after that time it is natural wear and not a defent in workmanship.

honestly it depends more on who is behind the counter and how well you know them.

it usually really does not pay to get chain store starter, alternators and electrical swithes of any sort. go to a better place for them, mom and pop places may cost more but you are far less likely to be pulling parts from the side of the road.

When i pay for liftime warranty thats what im gonna get, and if i dont i will drag someone across the parts counter, send me to jail but im getting what i paid for

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
When i pay for liftime warranty thats what im gonna get, and if i dont i will drag someone across the parts counter, send me to jail but im getting what i paid for

I think it would be easier to throw the bad starter at the parts guy.
Less effort to throw the starter, than dragging the parts guy across the counter.:D

ne buckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I plan on moving to Kentucky soon, I figure with a chain store I can still get the warrenty transferd and not lose out completly.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I plan on moving to Kentucky soon, I figure with a chain store I can still get the warrenty transferd and not lose out completly.

that is one plus anywhere in the us they should be able to look you up and help you out.

hey i am not saying i agree with the policy and always tried to help out the customer in any way i could. i have changed my share of batteries in the rain and snow for free. i can say if i got a part thrown at me it would be worth loosing my min wage pay to give it right back full force.

i dont make the rules, one of the reasons i will never work in retail again if i can feed my family another way.