Mel, here is youre next IDI Conversion project!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man that thing is so cool! It would be real tough to restore to the right appearance though, since some butt wipe cut that big door into the side of it. REA trucks never had those. I have no idea how it got orange either, since the standard REA scheme as green and red like the one below.
You must be registered for see images

That would make a fun resto project for sure. Unfortunately, I don't have a garage big enough to handle it, and that would be a pre-requisite for sure.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
That would make a fun resto project for sure. Unfortunately, I don't have a garage big enough to handle it, and that would be a pre-requisite for sure.

We could find a garage for doing this project.. It would be cool, putting a 6.9 in it! ;Sweet

memphisrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man that thing is so cool! It would be real tough to restore to the right appearance though, since some butt wipe cut that big door into the side of it. REA trucks never had those. I have no idea how it got orange either, since the standard REA scheme as green and red like the one below.
You must be registered for see images

I figure with that big door, you could have one kick ass ice cream truck, or you could just sell moose pumps out of it!

mR