MBRP exhaust on sale at US diesel parts

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i've actually heard that the mbrp does not fit all that good on obs trucks. but like i said i have just "heard" that. no personal experience.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
just looked at the link. just so everybody knows that price is insane! that is aluminzed not even stainless for $391. i got my diamond eye turbo back system, stainless steel, shipped to my door for $300.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big difference in the fit and finish of MBRP products and Diamond Eye. To me the extra $ are worth every penny based on my personal experience.

Black dawg

Reaction score
just looked at the link. just so everybody knows that price is insane! that is aluminzed not even stainless for $391. i got my diamond eye turbo back system, stainless steel, shipped to my door for $300.

I wonder if there is a quality difference though? Didnt you have some pictures of your tailpipe looking rusty:dunno

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
yes. mine is stainless. that link above is aluminized so just imagine what it would look like. for the record i never contacted diamond eye about it or anything. it also has not gotten any worse. now if you want MBRP in T304 SS that will not get the surface discoloring then look north of $700. T409 SS is T409 SS, doesn't matter what the name on the box is.

i'm just trying to say that you can get an equally good system for significantly less money. i was honestly suprised at how many obs psd guys and superduty 7.3 guys use and like diamond eye.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd just want a decent system for my ride...not caring what name on box...stainess preferred of course!

All in Due time....

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does diamond eye make a 5" system for our IDI trucks? If it says turbo back does that mean after the downpipe? Or do the include a downpipe?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
400 series stainless steel with rust but 300 series will not rust nor discolor.. Unless you heat the crap out of it.

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
DE makes a 5 inch system for obs trucks...just get a 5 inch turbo back kit for an obs powerstroke truck. modify the psd down pipe to work with your factory turbo and then use the rest of the system like normal...for the record i really wish i had gone 5 inch straight pipe on my truck...4" straight is darn quiet inside the cab lol.

Gary, good to know. thanks!

unfortunatly DE doesn't make a stainless kit in 5" for obs trucks that i know of.

94250, the exhaust you linked to retains the factory cat converter that is on the psd trucks, we don't have one of those things. So you would want to look at a kit like this.....http://www.alligatorperformance.com...uminum-fits-9497-ford-powerstroke-p-5725.html

like i said before, if you want the nice 304 stainless you are gonna be looking at north of $600-$700....it is not worth it in my opinion, my tail pipe has some surface rust on it but i can't see it unless i am under there looking for it and even then there is dirt on the pipe. the pipe that is under the center of the trucks looks like the day i put it on practically.

Last edited:

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DE makes a 5 inch system for obs trucks...just get a 5 inch turbo back kit for an obs powerstroke truck. modify the psd down pipe to work with your factory turbo and then use the rest of the system like normal...for the record i really wish i had gone 5 inch straight pipe on my truck...4" straight is darn quiet inside the cab lol.

Gary, good to know. thanks!

unfortunatly DE doesn't make a stainless kit in 5" for obs trucks that i know of.

94250, the exhaust you linked to retains the factory cat converter that is on the psd trucks, we don't have one of those things. So you would want to look at a kit like this.....http://www.alligatorperformance.com...uminum-fits-9497-ford-powerstroke-p-5725.html

like i said before, if you want the nice 304 stainless you are gonna be looking at north of $600-$700....it is not worth it in my opinion, my tail pipe has some surface rust on it but i can't see it unless i am under there looking for it and even then there is dirt on the pipe. the pipe that is under the center of the trucks looks like the day i put it on practically.

What kind of mods have to be done to the psd downpipe so that it will fit?