Maybe a 911?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Here again, if I remember (I haven't seen one since about 2001) It mounts in about the same position as in your picture. I thing the mounting bolts, or the bolt holes, are not very far above the part of the trans housing that the pan bolts to. It should be fairly simple to figure out where it goes.

LowTech

Mech Wrangler
Reaction score
Now that I've driven it a bit I have a few questions,
1) Does the E40D have any kind of vacuum unit to tell it to shift down when running a grade? It just keeps slowing down until finally shifting (unless I put it to the floor). I have to manually shift down to second if I want it to drive "normal " going uphill
2) Is there somewhere to buy the rubber parts for the ends of the control arms? I've been hearing a "clunk" from the DS front suspension and I think it's the control arm not being tight due to the rubber being mostly destroyed.
3) Is it really a major deal to take out the whole dash? I've heard it was. I need to get in to it to fix things destroyed by the rats and clean it out.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't that tranny use the TPS signal for downshifting....?

LowTech

Mech Wrangler
Reaction score
I did buy a tps (what is the other abbreviation you guys use?)for it a while back, before I took it back into my possession, and it was adjusted. The rest of the shifts are ok, well I do feel like it could shift a little bit later w/ the weight and aerodynamics of it. ;-] It's just when I start running a grade and it's slowing down while I'm still holding the pedal the same. I'm used to rigs shifting down w/o me having to step on it, or waiting until it slows down enough that it shifts into second at a low rpm.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try adjusting the fipl a bit. You should be able to get it to hang in a gear longer and downshift sooner. You're telling the tranny computer the throttle is open more than it is.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Other than that, you may want to look into a Banks Trans command. It's a lot like putting an electronic version of a shift kit in the transmission. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you have to drop thee pan. It is all on the outside of the transmission.

LowTech

Mech Wrangler
Reaction score
IDIBRONCO - Thanks, will look into that, maybe not for this rig but possibly for the next.

Tried adjusting the TPS today and found that w/ the tools I have on hand it's not doable for me. :-|
One more reason to get the fuel filter out of there! Being as I haven't found, or heard of, a good place to move it to, I'm strongly thinking of just pulling the mech pump, blocking it, adding the E-pump, and putting some filters on the frame. At least then I'll have better access.
I'll have to research what that takes. I already have the pump.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Thank you so much everyone! !

I been gone for a few weeks but back & reading thru things, read all way thru this discussion. This is exactly why I like it here on OB!!! A person can ask for help and get help!! Help without bullying, ridicule, and all other things we see on some of the other sites/forums! Just a good all-a-round crowd!!

BTW, hope things keep working out for you & your rig LowTech

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I been gone for a few weeks but back & reading thru things, read all way thru this discussion. This is exactly why I like it here on OB!!! A person can ask for help and get help!! Help without bullying, ridicule, and all other things we see on some of the other sites/forums! Just a good all-a-round crowd!!

BTW, hope things keep working out for you & your rig LowTech

That's the truth! Best on line group of automotive folks I've ever been associated with :cool:

LowTech

Mech Wrangler
Reaction score
Ok, getting really frustrated here! Been trying change my fuel filter. I own two different oil filter wrenches and w/ the space allowed due to placement of the filter I can not get ether one on the filter.
Does anyone have a suggestion that might work? I'm really close to putting a screwdriver through it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online