Marvelouse mystery oil in fuel

ak800x

Reaction score
I have a 95 12v with 244k still running like a bull, I mix one half gallon MMO to a full tank and have had real go results. No hard starts at 15 below, idles 750-800 seems to keep things lubed nice, pumps valves ect there is a slight MMO smell but it's OK!. I have an ATS manifold does anyone know if they sell the pyro for this manifold it's pretapped.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
On the pyro anyone will work as long as it will screw into the port I want to say it's a 1/8" pipe but don't quote me on that... because I'm doing it from memory and the truck is already in the garage and it's a pain to access to it while it's in the garage with all the junk I have stacked up (truck is shoe horned in place)....

You notice any drop in EGT's with the 3 piecer man, I think *Think* I seen some but believe it's just my mind playing tricks on me when I installed mine...

I don't use lube in my fuel... haven't worry about it with this truck. Figure it's gonna last as long as it's gonna last no matter what I do... But I do run WVO when the temps rise... so I guess that counts...

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I have always liked Marvel in any fuel. The thing that would worry me is the red color. If the wrong leo were to stick your tank, you may get fined, SEVERELY in some states. From what I have read/heard, once ticketed, it is your responsibility to prove the red color is something other than off road - high sulfur. From my neighbor, this is very difficult because once you leave the scene where you are ticketed, evidence becomes controversial because you could drain the tank and then have it re-tested. Kind of like the leo letting you leave the scene with the smoking gun, only to return later to have the gun ballistic tested! :rotflmao

ak800x

Reaction score
I have always liked Marvel in any fuel. The thing that would worry me is the red color. If the wrong leo were to stick your tank, you may get fined, SEVERELY in some states. From what I have read/heard, once ticketed, it is your responsibility to prove the red color is something other than off road - high sulfur. From my neighbor, this is very difficult because once you leave the scene where you are ticketed, evidence becomes controversial because you could drain the tank and then have it re-tested. Kind of like the leo letting you leave the scene with the smoking gun, only to return later to have the gun ballistic tested! :rotflmao

Yeh a fine would suck but I could plead ignorance since the bottle says you can add it to gas or deisel fuel. Thanks for the heads up though.

wilsondoctor

Doctor
Reaction score
O come on SLE2115. Live a little. I used MMO in my old 6.9 for years. I had my fuel tested in 2005 in Ca, and informed the DOT guy I was using MMO , and he said "Me to;Good stuff". It really makes a difference. You do not have to use a lot to help 2 to 4oz per fill-up. It dessolves in the fuel and does not change the color, and the order as good as perfume to me.
Thanks
JL

wilsondoctor

Doctor
Reaction score
Hello
I would like to add one more comment. I do use MMO, but depend on an Amalgamated product. It increases my cetane by 6+ and fuel usage by 4%. I like the feel of the extra power and economy with the higher fuel prices. I droped off 2gl to a firend who has not used any fuel additive. He called back after using Amalgamated, and asked " where do I get this stuff".
Happy Trucking
JL