Manual glow plug button good temp fix?

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
When facing up on a steep hill if you don't have at least a half tank of fuel, you might be the lift pump is sucking air.

If that cheap pump don't run when cranking, get rid of it.

The electric pump is handy when changing the fuel filter or otherwise testing for fuel at the filter. I can turn the key and go check it myself. I suppose I could add a manual switch to force it on when cranking.

I have about 3/4 of a tank right now, so I can probably rule out air intrusion into the fuel line from within the tank.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was doing the start and then stop thing, and then crank crank crank the other day and I didn't have any leaks around my injectors either. It took me awhile to spot it, but I noticed it was a little damp with fuel on top of the filter. It was the fuel heater leaking. Did some research on it, come to find out there is a o-ring around the heater and it's common for it to let air in also. There are some you-tube videos on it if you need help changing it.

I know when things are right you do not have any trouble with air intrusion, but I keep thinking why no one has tried to put a solenoid valve in the return line? Hook it to the hot wire on top of the engine, when it has power it would open the return line, when the key is off, it would block the return line and not let any fuel drain back to the tank.